913 Question

nbowlin

Does the 913 series 215 pump have that dumb light load advance cut into the helix of the plunger? If so is there a series of 215 that doesnt?

As far as I know, all 215 HP P pump are like that. But I think that the 180 HP pump are the same without the cut in the helix, the only difference is that you have a better governor on the 215. The governor is lighter on the 215 if you compare to the 180. But for me, the 215 is the best candidate because she is the 12 mm plunger Ppump who is able to put the more fuel out because of the cut in the helix of the plunger.

Hey bro, why the sweat on a 215.....I have two of them and love them.

Jim

Does the 913 series 215 pump have that dumb light load advance cut into the helix of the plunger? If so is there a series of 215 that doesnt?

Your right I would rather settle for a lesser pump too :umno::badidea:

my truck was sold to me under the premise that it had a 913 on it, but i never paid no mind....I brought it to be flowed and balanced and It ended up being an 180 with that cut in the helix. There were some 180's and 215's that shared the same plunger part number, but the 913 was different.....yet it has a visible cut in its plunger too, but I am wondering if it not as substantial......I really wish that pump guy didnt tell me this stuff now it really bugs me.

My 180 put the hurt on the 10hp test stand though. He said it had 16mm rack travel before showing it boost. Then he showed it boost and the stand dropped 300 rpm, and wouldnt turn it through 4k stopped before 3500. I just dont like the idea of having fuel........bad spot w/ timing retard.........and fuel again as the rack turns the helix seems like a bad idea to me

Whats the part number on the pump? Is it an 887, because that is also a 215 pump. I've never heard of a v-notch 180 plunger, but I'm still new to this mechanical game.

I watched the guy look it up off the top of my head I cant recall. Then looked up the part number for the plunger and it was the same as some of the 215's so was the cam part number, but the governor numbers where different.

I am repeating the pump guy so it may be one in the same. I know in my pump book it calls it like you do. Wont that effectively retard timing if you extend rack travel to a point that it gets back to that cut? Are some worse than others? He pulled out a plunger and showed me how far that cut rapped around then showed me how far one of the 215 the 911? series came way further around.

Basically I have a 180 and I can get a 913 and I wont to know if it would be worth my time and effort to switch over.

I was told it is worth your time to go from a 180 to a 913/887 which is what I ultimately ended up doing after being provided the wrong replacement pump.

I never really thought about it, but it makes sense now why the #10 plate seemed to be so popular for 215 pumps.

Back