93 ic brazilian rods or carrilos?

Dido

i got this motor for pennys on the dollar so i decided to just kinda rip it down and check out how old age has treated her. after ripping her down i found brazilian rods and crank from what i have heard the brazilian rods are just as good as carrilos when balenced? anyone have knowledge or experience on this subject?

Out of all the factory rods I have heard the Japanese rods were the strongest. But when it comes to billet the will smoke factory rods all day long strength wise. You can get some dam good numbers off a balanced stock set though don't get me wrong.

What's your power goal? If you want to play over 1000hp don't bother with the 12v rods.

we have built 2 motors now with over 1000hp and have ran 12V rods in both. All you need to do is shotpeen, polish and balance them

i got this motor for pennys on the dollar so i decided to just kinda rip it down and check out how old age has treated her. after ripping her down i found brazilian rods and crank from what i have heard the brazilian rods are just as good as carrilos when balenced? anyone have knowledge or experience on this subject?

Not even close

I'll take those rods if you dont want them.:poke:

Go with the billet rods, no comparison. 12v shot peened rods are good for 800ish, after that you're just taken your chances. $.02

I did 1080/1980 on a stock 300k mile 1994 longblock.

Dyno graph was at peak power at 28-2900 rpm.

I'd say there is a bit more wiggle room than just 800. I'm building a longblock for it this weekend with brazil rods and shooting for 1000 on fuel, with a single 80, so I doubt i'll touch 1000lb/ft before 3000rpm

That or i have a low compression long block and i've been running it like that for a few months

I did 1080/1980 on a stock 300k mile 1994 longblock.

Dyno graph was at peak power at 28-2900 rpm.

I'd say there is a bit more wiggle room than just 800. I'm building a longblock for it this weekend with brazil rods and shooting for 1000 on fuel, with a single 80, so I doubt i'll touch 1000lb/ft before 3000rpm

That or i have a low compression long block and i've been running it like that for a few months

I've seen stock CR bottom ends make over 1000hp on the dyno, they just tend not to last long. I should have thrown the word "dependable" in their somewhere. :lolly:

Well the truck is gonna make over 1200hp no problem with the new turbo setup so im thinking these rods are definitely not gonna work I just kept hearing 12v brazilian rods are the best and I wanted to make sure before I ordered the carrilos. So I guess im gonna be selling these. So what are they worth?

I couldn't keep my phone from blowing up at 200 for a set. So I think that's a safe place to start.

Brazilian 12v rods are by far the most popular when I put them up for sale. Those sell QUICK.

I couldn't keep my phone from blowing up at 200 for a set. So I think that's a safe place to start.

Brazilian 12v rods are by far the most popular when I put them up for sale. Those sell QUICK.

I would've figured England rods would be more popular. That's what I run in mine.

Sent from my paperweight

Back