94 12v looking for 700hp?

AlmostBroke94

This question probably gets asked alot, an i apologize for this, but im looking to hit 700hp or more on fuel by the end of summer...I've typed up a list and was wondering if these parts will compliment eachother, and if they will set me at my goal? whats needed an whats not? gonna be a slow build but i want everything planned out right(this is just my engine mod list)

right now my truck sits stock waiting for all these parts to come in...id really like to make 700 on a single but if twins are needed i can do that as well. any help would be much appreciated!

Internals:

-Haisley Machine HD Billet Push Rods
-Haisley O Ring
-Haisley Fly Cut Pistons (12:1-15:1)
-Hamilton Diesel HD Valve Springs & Billet Retainers/Keepers
-ARP Cylinder Head Stud Kit 12mm-14mm
-Custom Ground Cam
-Custom P&P head
-SMT Perf. Roller Rocker Assembly (1.7-1.9)

Fuel:

-Airdog 150GPH
-Bosch 024 Delivery Valves
-Bosch 2095 Rack Plug
-AFC Spring Kit
-TST fuel plate #0-100
-4k GSK RPM Kit
-5x14 - 5x16 Injectors (SouthernDieselX)

Air:

-Custom Single/Twins (Turbonetics - Other)
-Intercooler (BD-Spearco-Other)
-Custom Exhaust manifold
-Intake Elbow (CFM+AFE-S&B)

Other:
-Bench P-Pump
-Balance Bottom End
-Snow Performance Water Meth
-Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer
-Haisley Billet Front Cover
-Haisley Billet Tappet Cover
-Haisley Billet Aluminum Intake Plate
-Boost Elbow
-Pump & AFC Tuning

Last edited:
Almost all of those parts aren't needed, but some shop is about to make a killing off you.

Internals:
-Haisley Machine HD Billet Push Rods- No
-Haisley O Ring
-Haisley Fly Cut Pistons (12:1-15:1) No
-Hamilton Diesel HD Valve Springs & Billet Retainers/Keepers
-ARP Cylinder Head Stud Kit 12mm-14mm- No
-Custom Ground Cam-No
-Custom P&P head-No
-SMT Perf. Roller Rocker Assembly (1.7-1.9)-No

Fuel:
-Airdog 150GPH
-Bosch 024 Delivery Valves
-Bosch 2095 Rack Plug
-AFC Spring Kit
-TST fuel plate #0-100
-4k GSK RPM Kit
-5x14 - 5x16 Injectors (SouthernDieselX)

Air:

-Custom Single/Twins (Turbonetics - Other) Call a turbo company but a nice 64/71/14 or 66 would suffice.
-Intercooler (BD-Spearco-Other)-No
-Custom Exhaust manifold-No
-Intake Elbow (CFM+AFE-S&B)-No

Other:
-Bench P-Pump
-Balance Bottom End-No
-Snow Performance Water Meth-No
-Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer-No
-Haisley Billet Front Cover -No
-Haisley Billet Tappet Cover -No
-Haisley Billet Aluminum Intake Plate-No
-Boost Elbow-Sure why not
-Pump & AFC Tuning

Just MHO, and so you cant say i didnt help you and im a dick. :hehe: Thanks David :)

Last edited:
On a 94' with a "160 HP P7100 pump" you will need quite a bit of fuel pressure to reach 700 HP.

In short, I don't think an AD150 is going to have enough flow at the 50 psi you'll need to reach 700 HP. Might get there with an AD165, but who really knows.

Injectors need to be 5 x .016 with work or probably best to step up to a 5 x .018 injector.

You do not need a fuel plate, however, you do probably want to get the pump maxed and balanced at a pump shop, should be less than $500.

64-480 twins, DDP 70 lpm injecters, non benched 180 pump with a deep cut 100 plate and a tuned AFC, mack plug, .022 dv's, 4k's, marine pistons, air dog 165 set to 45psi. That combo netted me an even 700hp on a dynojet 248c. When I changed the pistons I did put in HD rod bolts, main studs, and ballanced the rods, but that was just a convenient time to do so.

On a 94' with a "160 HP P7100 pump" you will need quite a bit of fuel pressure to reach 700 HP.

In short, I don't think an AD150 is going to have enough flow at the 50 psi you'll need to reach 700 HP. Might get there with an AD165, but who really knows.

Injectors need to be 5 x .016 with work or probably best to step up to a 5 x .018 injector.

You do not need a fuel plate, however, you do probably want to get the pump maxed and balanced at a pump shop, should be less than $500.

Not trying to hi-jack, but why do you need 50psi on a 160 pump to make 700hp?

start with a little at a time. you will get to 700 quicker than you think

Don't just throw money at it, like Brad said you just have to be crafty, I'm at 631 right now and hope to get 700 by years end. Just do your research. Any help I can provide I'll be glad to. Good luck!

thanks for all the helpul comments, and input. Just sucks how i have no one to learn from so i gotta do research and or ask guru's like all of you that get asked this all the time, or you are doin this yourself and just know. I know most if not all those arent needed, i just wanna be safe about everything. Im just trying to learn what compliments what, with trying to be crafty and really get to know my motor. i dont wanna be that guy lookin to build a truck to say i did an not know anything, i would much rather understand every aspect of building it an knowing how it all works in conjuction with everything. BUt again thanks for the input, helps alot, now i can limit everything so im not throwing money away lol.

Not trying to hi-jack, but why do you need 50psi on a 160 pump to make 700hp?

In the testing I've done, power quickly drops off on 160 pump trucks when fuel pressure drops. None of the electric fuel lift pump setups maintain full pressure when 700 HP worth of fuel is drained from the P-pump so you need to start at 50 psi so it can drop to 40 psi without having a major impact on fueling. I picked up 83 HP in my Junker Drag Truck from increased fuel pressure so trust me, you will need good lift pump pressure to reach 700 HP on a 160 pump.

I have read others' claims that the 215 and 180 pump don't need as much fuel pressure to maintain full fueling. I personally haven't tested power decrease on 180 and 215 pumps with low fuel pressure so I can't comment one way or the other.

well this helped me out on what not to order thanks!

In the testing I've done, power quickly drops off on 160 pump trucks when fuel pressure drops. None of the electric fuel lift pump setups maintain full pressure when 700 HP worth of fuel is drained from the P-pump so you need to start at 50 psi so it can drop to 40 psi without having a major impact on fueling. I picked up 83 HP in my Junker Drag Truck from increased fuel pressure so trust me, you will need good lift pump pressure to reach 700 HP on a 160 pump.

I have read others' claims that the 215 and 180 pump don't need as much fuel pressure to maintain full fueling. I personally haven't tested power decrease on 180 and 215 pumps with low fuel pressure so I can't comment one way or the other.

Interesting, now i gotta find a way to bump my fuel pressure from 38 to 50....

Good luck on your goal! its really fun getting to just 450hp. :hehe:I have the same mindset where i want to know how everything works together to produce power, and there is a TON to learn.

Welcome to compd

Interesting, now i gotta find a way to bump my fuel pressure from 38 to 50....

Good luck on your goal! its really fun getting to just 450hp. :hehe:I have the same mindset where i want to know how everything works together to produce power, and there is a TON to learn.

Welcome to compd
thanks for the welcome!

Oh and where in Colorado are you from?

Living in Northern Fort Collins at the moment!

So instead of trying to supply a bunch of fuel pressure to this 160, and trying to get as much fuel as i can out of it, would i be better off finding a 180 or 215?

Last edited:
all ya need is enough air to support it, enough fuel to support it and an o ring job and studs

everything else you listed is ginger bread

Back