94 wont connect with tuner

Feed Bunk

We have a 94 that I have tried to plug two different tuners in. Everytime they just say cant connect with ecm shut off and try again. Anybody have any suggestions? I could chip it but I have the tuners and didnt want to give up without trying. The truck is 2 owner and has never been chipped before if that makes a difference.

Hmm I thought they looked clean, mabey there was cow chit flipped up in there. Or could a wire have come loose from the harness?

On mine (I think, its been a few years ago) was a pin pushed back on the harness side. I got lucky with the 94 we've got around here, stuck an old superchip on it after the truck never being programmed and it took the first time. You also might check the lighter/aux fuse Im thinking it is, if its blown it wont connect either. Dont quote me on the lighter fuse/aux fuse thing, can't remember if that's the one for sure but its one of them.

Last edited:
Have any luck with this? I forgot to ask, not that it would probably matter since you tried two different ones but what kinds of programmers were you trying?

late 94 and early 95 the obd2 is only for pulling codes and data stream really the only options are (chips) like a ts or bullydog

The 94.5-e95 PCM OBD II ports can be reflashed to operate like a regular OBD II port. They came with OBDI ports originally.

Back