95 12v engine IH casting

I have a 95 12v engine...IH casting.
It is the complete bottom end and complete head only...the engine is missing everything else that bolts to the outside of it.
I was told that it had 270k on it when I bought it.
It looks like it could possibly need to be bored...maybe just a good hone job...I haven't done any meausurments...just pulled the head and did a visual inspection.
I'll try to get some pics in the next couple days...sooner if anyone is interested.

Located in north central IN.

$950

Willing to work a trade for a 24V ?
I'm actually trying to sell this to raise $$ to buy a 24v...I found an 01 motor with 10k miles on it.
What I do need is p-pump conversion parts (already have a pump), main studs, head studs, rod bolts, springs, push rods, etc. to build a 24v.
I also need a good 241dhd transfer case.

Got any of those things?

My 24v needs to be rebuilt. But I already have the rod,main bearings and rings. Also 1 new piston from Mumau. Still interested ?

No thank you.
I made a down pymt last night on the 01 motor that I found.

Sorry...guess I didn't mention that.

Last edited:
Will make a package deal with the motor and the 47re that I also have for sale.

$1250 for both.

how do you know its an IH casting?? what numbers am i looking for i was given a 12v and was told it was a IH casting but have no idea how to verify..

how do you know its an IH casting?? what numbers am i looking for i was given a 12v and was told it was a IH casting but have no idea how to verify..

It will have the IH/Navistar logo cast on the front of the block just above the mains and it will also have USA cast on the front just below the cam journal. Another way to identify is it will have a bunch of raised dimples cast onto the drivers side of the block just below the lift pump, behind where the starter would be. I have heard of some IH blocks that don't have the dimples but I have never seen one that didn't..

They are said to be a stronger block with higher nickel content.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
bump...........

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0661.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0661.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100MEDIA$IMAG0665.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0665.jpg