95 1500 swap

Red12V

I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm finding a lot of good information I'm wanting to get a 94-98 ram 1500 to do a 12v swap in. I already have a 96 12v that I can use for all my swap parts, wiring harness, ecm etc.

Im talking with a guy now on purchasing a 95' ram 1500 sport 4x4 for the swap. So my question is with already having a donor truck is there anything major I should look out for (Strengthening the front end, upgrade to 2500 springs)? I can also swap rear end and can cut and replace the spring mounts.

Ill be using the truck mostly for driving back and forth to work, hunting and as a trail rig.

Any more info on personal experience or advice is greatly appreciated. I will also keep reading for more information. Thanks in advance.

so is the 1500 a reg cab short box or whats the platform, most of the frames are all the same except rear spring hangers on the 3/4-1 ton trucks

The issue I have or the decision I need to make is. Whether or not to cut the frame on my current truck, or just do a full 1500 conversion. The truck i would be cutting is the one in my sig, which had an 11'6" bed on it, now that it has a regular dually long bed on it I have an extra 2'6" of space I need to get rid of(can provide a picture). Which I can do, I'm just not sure how confident I would be in cutting and re-welding the frame. I guess I could always cut, re-weld and box the frame for extra support.

And the 1995 1500 is a reg cab short bed.

Back