97 2wd 2500 rear axle?

B-Cummin

I'm looking for a replacement axle for my 01 4wd 2500 cummins, I've rebuilt the power-lok twice and now its popping again and now the ring and pinion is starting to whine. I've found a possible donor axle locally. I'm wondering if anyone has any input on the swap, as in if its possible to swap over my disk brakes to a drum brake axle? I should be able to grab axle for a few hundred bucks is why I'm considering it. A lot cheaper than getting a shop to rebuild it. All advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Depends on the axel some will some won't the end of the axel tube has four studs in an even square no it won't but if they are staged like the bottom two wider than the top yes for sure I know of people sloting the bottom holes on the square patern to make it work . Or just spend the cash for the conversion if it means that much for you to keep the disk in the back .

I'd like to keep the disk brakes if all possible, drum brakes are my kryptonite. Never get em set to work properly. Do you what what axle would have cake factory in the 97 2wd 3/4, has 5.9 v8 auto.

Should be a Dana 60 I think only diesel got the 70 in auto and 80 in the standard all gas should be 60 or even 8.8 I beleave

your rear disk parts will not bolt up to the drum brake rear end.

Back