98.5 24V P-Pump Build Questions...

Caleb_S

It's a satchel...
I am going to be putting a 175 P-Pump on my 98.5 24V and converting it later this summer/fall. I am planning on turning the truck into a full time puller, but would like it to be streetable (somewhat if need be, but I know it will not be a cadillac) to if possible. I will be building this truck to pull in the IN 2.6 puller class. So I have a few questions about what all I should use for my build. I will be sending the pump to CDS to be tuned and be capable of making 650-700HP.

What size injector lines should I run? I was thinking .093 mild steel..

What size and whose injectors should I run? Should I run 24V injectors set to p-pump pop off? Or can I run a properly modded 12V injector?

What cam should I go with?

Any other help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :rockwoot:

Just a bench tune, 181's, Don's 7's set up for a p-pump, and stock size lines will get you there.

Just a bench tune, 181's, Don's 7's set up for a p-pump, and stock size lines will get you there.

Does this leave me a little room to grow in case I decide to throw on a bigger pump and things later on?

So what about a cam? I was looking at Hamilton or Haisley...

Does this leave me a little room to grow in case I decide to throw on a bigger pump and things later on?

So what about a cam? I was looking at Hamilton or Haisley...

It'll definitely help you spool up, but I don't think it would be necessary to hit your hp goal. You have to run a 24v injector - cannot run a 12v injector in a 24v head.

It'll definitely help you spool up, but I don't think it would be necessary to hit your hp goal. You have to run a 24v injector - cannot run a 12v injector in a 24v head.

Thanks. Appreciate the help.

So what injectors should I go with? Size? 5, 6 or 7 hole? I have a set of 7x.014s. Should I just have them set to P-Pump pop off and run them?

Well you have them changed for 50 bucks or order a new set of 6x.016/.018 for 7-800 bucks...

I just put in a set of 6x16's that RonA had. They seem strong. I'll be down at Muncie to test them this weekend. Give me a shout if ya see me around.

Sounds good man..If I head that way and see you running around I will give you a shout. Thanks.

Back