99.5 7.3 big problems

garretthart13

my buddies 7.3 blew the motor, had somebody install another one, i ordered him reman Pensacola injectors and rebuilt his turbo but his mechanic did all the installing. the truck runs fine at first and will only go 80 (but im sure that is because it is an f450) but after you really dog on it , it starts acting like its running out of diesel and will throw a little blue cloud at take off only after it starts action weird. i was told somebody put sand in his tank so his mechanic dropped the tank and cleaned all the lines, put new filters and pumps etc. im not sure if they flushed the fuel rails or not. and now i am trying to trouble shoot this symptom because he does not want the other guy to work on it anymore so i have got to track down somebody else's mistake. the map sensor seems to be fine , i tried mine on it anyways, i have replaced the camshaft position sensor also. my scanner doesnt pick up any codes and the CEL is not on any ideas

ya ive heard mixed reviews about them , we have them in or other 7.3 and never skipped a beat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

injector driver module may be on its way out. moisture and corosion get them.

Use your scan tool to it's potential, ICP, IPR readings here will be helpful, also what is your fuel pressure? Don't be a parts changer by codes, be a diagnostic tech. anybody can throw parts at a vehicle like the dealer..

if it has aft axle tank i will be looking at the intank filters if that truck has 5 13 gear it may be out off gear

Back