99' temp. control Reversed

wideopen

Slum Lord
Hot is Cold and Cold is Hot? I'm assuming a couple of vacuum lines have been switched? Just not sure where to look?

Just had the Heater Core replaced before it was brought to me???

I was asked to look at it while doing a few other things to it...

Solution......and Go!

Was the customer getting hot with cold before the heater core replacement?

Maybe when they had the dash apart they hooked up the control upside down? I am just guessing since I have never had a second gen apart.

No clue. I haven't looked at it in a few days and honestly I can't remember?

Maybe this is worth a shot? Disconnect negative cable from battery. (6) Make sure the Temperature Control Knob is in the mid (12 o’clock) position to allow the actuator to automatically position itself in the mid position and come to a complete stop when powered up. (7) Connect negative battery cable.

I figured it was vacuum actuated too.

Attached is the pic for a 1996. I don't know if its the same.

Attachments

• tempcontrol.png
    tempcontrol.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
The only schematics I have are for 2001 that's close to the '99, but after looking at them, I'm not sure the electronics can be backwards. I'd guess they got two vacuum lines swapped. Switch her from blow to suck. :D

Yeah...But which two?

I've never messed with them, but I'm assuming the bladder that moves the blend door back and forth has two lines. I could be wrong, maybe it's just one. Why isn't the people that replaced the heater core that messed it up fixing their screw up?

Back