A good aftermarket clutch?...

Rob_Bones

I H8T ULSD
I'm at the point of "deletion" and have been told the stock clutch won't hold, much past the stock power level. Who makes the best street-able clutch set up?

-Rob

Valair has a special for the G56 trans trucks. It's a sprung hub, diaphragm plate DD kit that includes a flywheel and HD hyd. Everyone that I've installed has worked super!

I'm a fan of Valair, as are many others.

Same can be said of SBC.

Call Dan and Peter, buy from whichever one you feel more comfortable with.

I've installed several South Bend clutches every week for the past several years and have not had any issues.

I sell 5 or 6 a week that get shipped elsewhere and I have never had to take one back. I run a South Bend Iron Giant 2 in my personal truck and couldn't be happier.

For your application check out the SBCDD3250-GK

Dan at Valair is one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet. I'll be running one of their clutches soon.

Last edited:
Valair or SB 3250. Id think youd be happy with either so id go with wherever the shipping is cheaper from. Theyre both good units.

Both are great companies with great support should you have an issue. Just don't get a centerforce.

I guess it depends on your idea of streetable, but I would think hard before getting a shdd3250. The pedal is way stiffer than an ofe, it can be real grabby, and it is embarrassing to push the clutch in around people because it sounds like you have a throwout bearing thats out. They also make a fair amount of noise engaged at idle. If you get one and don't care for it and figure you will get something different when it wears out. You are going to have a long wait. I have over 350,000mi on mine and it feels the same as the day I put it in. I am just going to take it out and put in a single. I gave up on the idea of waiting until it wears out.

Valair has a new ceramic triple disk clutch for the G56. Its lightweight has loads of grip and can handle high horsepower applications as well daily driving. You can't go wrong, especially if high performance mods may be in the pipeline.

Valair all the way, I have a dd 3800lb in mine and it drive almost like stock, its just a little grabbier at the start and a slightly stiffer peddle, but I still have the stock hydraulic clutch system

Back