A little engine poon for you all...

Dudge

A few before and after pics of the build.

Diesel012.jpg

EngineBuild014.jpg

DodgeandMisc016.jpg

EngineBuild020.jpg

Diesel006.jpg

EngineBuild022.jpg

EngineBuild023.jpg

EngineBuild025.jpg

Thanks man. Head looks blue-ish in the pics, but it's actually gray. Turned out a little different than the cap showed, but overall I'm very happy with the look. It'll look even better when it's running. lol

Mines coming, slowly but surely,, engine is going in this weekend. Hopefully running by next weekend... then all the little crap to iron out by the weekend after that,, first race is about 14 hours away from me on the 8th of may

I could see it in the second picture, any idea why #6 melted? Do you have a picture of the melted piston from the top?

I'd like to know what caused the meltdown as well. I bought the truck in this condition. As you can see, #5 and #6 are effed pretty bad. Guy claimed that #6 injector stuck open and washed the cylinder down. I pulled the head and found #5 and #6 burnt bad, and #1 wasn't very good either, not near as bad as the other 2 though.

DodgeandMisc014.jpg

DodgeandMisc017.jpg

Diesel013.jpg

Diesel011.jpg

I'd like to know what caused the meltdown as well. I bought the truck in this condition. As you can see, #5 and #6 are effed pretty bad. Guy claimed that #6 injector stuck open and washed the cylinder down. I pulled the head and found #5 and #6 burnt bad, and #1 wasn't very good either, not near as bad as the other 2 though.

DodgeandMisc014.jpg

DodgeandMisc017.jpg

Diesel013.jpg

Diesel011.jpg
Have you gotten the injectors checked out yet???

Have you gotten the injectors checked out yet???

Not the injectors from the engine in the pics. I bought another '03 donor engine that I used most of the parts from. The injectors from the donor engine are on their way to Jeff Garmon right now. The donor engine's damage was not injector related (bearing failure/ring breakage) and the piston crowns all looked good. Hopefully they check out ok. If so, I'll probably send the tips to EH and have then honed 45%.

please tell me the new pistons did not go in with the ring gaps all lined up as shown in that one pic

Back