A518 O/D help

Spenceturner

I have a a518 in my 1991.5 d250 with a full manual valve body and o/d has been grounded to a switch. O/D would be funny at times and either take awhile to engage or not engage at all. I pulled the valve body and replaced the solenoid thinking that would solve the problem. It helped for a awhile but shortly after I started having problems again, sometime having to flip the switch on and off a few times to get the solenoid to engage. now it's not working again and I don't have the time with college right now to take it apart so it is sitting til winter break. Anyone have any suggestions?

Check your ground and all the connections. Maybe the switch too

Check all your connections and switch like stated above. have you checked your line pressure? Mine was acting up a in my truck once. Line pressure was way low. Called ats, and they thought it was a valve body. They sent me a new valve body. That didn't fix it. Pulled the transmission and sent it back to ats. Turns out the front pump was messed up.

I'll recheck all my connections and my ground... what do you guys think of trying to bypass the pcm?

Well I meant in the way of supplying it it's own power straight from the battery.

If you have to do that, wire it to a switched ignition source for hot, and put a switch in the ground circuit.

Check your TPS voltage sweep if you're still running one.

Just did that last night wired it up and still not working but everything is receiving power I am going to order a solenoid from patc. My last one was a cheap solenoid from an auto parts store so we'll see if that's the issue.

Back