A518 or 46RH

JJeepyjohn

Make Me Fries
Anybody using one to race with? The Non-lockup TC is the big question.

I've raced with one a couple of times, what's the question?

Had one in my brothers truck, went mid 11's with it. What info are you looking for?

The main question is how is it with out the torque converter lock. Any temp issues,slippage etc.

no temp issues while racing as long as you aren't hot lapping it. it is a torque converter so yes there will be slippage, a good stator will keep it to a minimum. contact Spec-Rite Converters, they use a very efficient steel stator that will get the most of your power to the ground. Like I said my brothers truck went 11.60 with the 518 with one of their converters, they work well and are very reasonably priced.

Spec Rite Torque Converters

X2 for spec rite. Great guys to deal with and there converters work great.

If its a diesel then no lockup is detrimental. You need lockup to put power to the ground at such low rpms.

If its a diesel then no lockup is detrimental. You need lockup to put power to the ground at such low rpms.
That' would be debatable. Don't forget the name "Torque Converter" is such for a reason. That being: Torque Multiplication.

> Certainly, it's all application specific. ;)

Thats where lockup gives you teh best of both, tq multiplication for launch power transfer to get the power to the ground. TQ is not what you need to go 100+ mph hp has to make it to the track.

Back