abs and brake lights?

dodgezilla04

2 weeks ago, had some good tire spin, and then the abs and brake lights came on.
i have tried smarty, unhooking the batteries, and driving for 2 weeks, and they will not go out.

how do i check abs codes and clear them?

thanks

2 weeks ago, had some good tire spin, and then the abs and brake lights came on.
i have tried smarty, unhooking the batteries, and driving for 2 weeks, and they will not go out.

how do i check abs codes and clear them?

thanks

the key trick will give you ABS codes. I believe they'll start with a " U " You may have a problem with the TIPM and not the ABS

mine usually goes out after a while i just ignore it mine will come on if i lug it and the truck vibrates alot goes out after a few days

Do the CR's have the same sensor in the top of the rear axle like the 2nd gens do?My friends 99 had this same problem and it was that sensor.

When you unhooked the batteries, did you ground the cables out (pos to neg) before you hooked them back up?

The sensor on the 2nd gen I was reffering to is a speed sensor but worked off the ring gear for signal.I had a problem with a front sensor on one of my 01's but it only gave an abs light,no brake light.It turned out to be mud on the end of it.Washed it off and back to working.Not real sure how 3rd gen abs system sets fault lights.

Ive got the same problem with an 06 dually. The ABS and brake light will flash and the thing will ding when hooked to a trailer.

i replaced the rear axle sensor earlier this week. lights are still on. gonna go see a friend tomorrow that has a better scanner than i do...

Back