ABS & Brake lights come and go

Twisted Shifter

I have read the threads I could find but still have some questions.

For a few weeks my ABS and Brake light will come and go, some times it goes right back out and others it will stay on till I cycle the key. I figured it was the rear ABS sensor on the rear axle and that didn't fix it. The fluid is half way between min and max. When it first started it seemed like hitting a bump in the road would set it off. I have checked the wires in the rear and everything looks good.

The truck is a 2500 2wd 6 speed.

Thoughts, input. Trying to get some ideas before I go digging into it again.

I do have 2 codes.

P0602 ECM not programmed, its done this since I started running the Diablo years ago

p0234 ...... over boost ....

You won't pick up any ABS codes with your programmer. You'll have to find an actual ABS scanner that can read it.

Yea I know the regular scan tools wont read it. Starting to think I have something electrical going on. I had a dead key tonight when I tried to start it. Had to cycle the key a few times before it would fire. You could hear the starter relay click when I pushed the clutch in so I know its not the switch on the pedal.

Check your front wheel bearings. I had the exact same symptoms, LF wheel bearing was loose and causing the tone ring to more far enough away form the sensor to throw the light on, then a small bump in the road would shut it back off.

Thanks for the info. Found it the other day. When the balljoints were installed the red clip wasn't put back in the harness on the passenger side. I touched the harness and it fell apart.

Back