AC condenser behind Intercooler

thundergunder

Getting it done
Thinking of moving my AC condensor behind the intercooler for a much cleaner look through the grill, and when you lift the hood. Ive heard this my not be such a good idea because the condensor wont cool properly pressures could rise to much. any truth behind that? any one done it before?

I'd think it would be easier to mount a full replacement bumper across the front so you can't look through the grill. Your AC will run normal that way. :D

If you just like the idea of not so cold AC, go ahead. It requires cool air flow to work properly, it might work OK going down the road, but come to stop and start sweating.

I thought about doing a pair of valves with a union fitting in the middle for race use, no impedance of flow, but I doubt it would make much difference.

that would allow the removal of the condenser completely, while keeping most of the refrigerant in the system, and moisture out.

I thought about doing a pair of valves with a union fitting in the middle for race use, no impedance of flow, but I doubt it would make much difference.

that would allow the removal of the condenser completely, while keeping most of the refrigerant in the system, and moisture out.

haha my head was tilting slightly sideways in confusion until you clarified what exactly was going on :doh:

Back