AC Not Blowing Out Vents

Smokinrebel

Got in truck today and turned on AC, it was blowing out defrost vents instead of regular vents. I had this issue before. There was crack in the vacuum line right at the elbow where the condenser lines run into cab. I can't seem to find any more cracks in line, however id like to run new line if possible, but it looks like it runs in behind dash. Any ideas, on anything else it might be? BTW its the truck in my sig.

Thanks
Brian

I think you have the right idea with the vacume line. Can you tell if there is any suction at that elbow right before it goes throught the firewall?

Its such a small line i couldn't really tell. Itys pouring outside right now, or id go try and check.

Done any work near the injector lines recently? The main vacuum line can come apart or break easily just above the injection lines at the firewall near the wiring harness. Try putting truck in 4x4 and see if the actuator is working on the axle, that will tell you if you have vacuum making it to the firewall (it splits at this connection and one line runs to t-case, and one to the controls in the dash)

Fought this issue once, only to find a dry rotted vacuum connector at the firewall that broke. $5 to fix it

the rain finally quit so i just went out and messed with it. I got in it and put it in 4x4 and it went in fine and everything worked. So i turned AC on just for sh!ts and giggles to check it, same thing, coming out of defrost...Then after about 4 seconds i heard a click and it started coming out of vents...I drove it around a few miles and it was fine. Got home and turned truck off and turned it back on the try it and it was working...Ha im clueless

Done any work near the injector lines recently? The main vacuum line can come apart or break easily just above the injection lines at the firewall near the wiring harness. Try putting truck in 4x4 and see if the actuator is working on the axle, that will tell you if you have vacuum making it to the firewall (it splits at this connection and one line runs to t-case, and one to the controls in the dash)

Fought this issue once, only to find a dry rotted vacuum connector at the firewall that broke. $5 to fix it

That was my problem. Swapped injectors and a couple weeks later tried to use the a/c, ( it was during winter so all I was using was the defrost). Turned out the line was unplugged. :doh:

mode door may have been stuck, vacuum line plugged...or who knows.

Back