Ac problems Water in floor board

backwoodsbubba8

know it all
I have a 98 24v ram had water in the floor board and smelt like antifreeze. I replaced the heater core and so far don't smell antifreeze although my floor board is still damp on passenger side. Now I know that there are several threads with this same exact topic the famous wet floor board and I'm sure someone will say search for the thread problem is I don't have a computer and its a pain in the a$$ on my phone. My concern and actual problem is that my ac seems to be not cooling as it should. And when I shut the truck off the water popes out so I know the drain isn't clogged but what would cause it not to cool and flood when the truck shuts off after running the ac. Thanks for everyone's help

Why would the water stop draining out of the tube but flood when you shut truck off after the ac has been running

Because the blower is holding the water against the crud built up on the core. How long ago did you replace the heater core? Did you clean out the blower side of the duct work while you had it apart? These trucks are notorious for sucking stuff in and clogging up the drain.

The heater core is prolly a month or so old and no I didn't clean it out I was thinking that after I put the new one in what exactly should I do as far as cleaning it. Is there some type of drain deal at the bottom of that compartment where the actual heater core slips into. Help me out man lol. I've searched for vids on YouTube where I've only found that there isn't much help I think maybe like 1 or 2 half way decent vids. People also talk about some drain hose replacement of some sort that leaks.

Yank the blower motor out and get your hand in there, you can reach the A/C evaporator and feel if there is crud built up. The drain is right there at the evaporator, what happens is leaves and other crap gets sucked in and build up there. Best option is to rig a small hose on a vacuum and work it in to get the crap out.

On the passenger side of the firewall there is a little 3/4" or so nipple. There should be a rubber duck bill looking piece on it that prevent wind from blowing water back into the cab. If it is not there just get a hose clam and a piece of heater hose that has a 90* bend in it and attach accordingly. Solved my problem.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Ok I'm not sure what exactly the piece or what I'm looking for is supposed to look like gorilla Dave and as far as the blower motor goes can I take it out through the bottom without removing the dash

I believe you can remove the blower motor with out pulling the dash. Ill get you some pics later

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Thanks for your help gorilla Dave pics would be great as for the the 3/4 in 90 that is a good Idea but more than likely not the culprit because it doesn't drain when the truck is running and parked which I stated before but could've very well gotten trash in it thanks for the help and useful suggestion Billy's goat

If it doesn't drain out the weep hose when it's running there is definitely trash built up in there. Pulling the blower is easy, a couple of clips, one plug and three bolts, drop it out of the ductwork. Now, getting your hand in there to grab some of that crud?? Hope you have small hands LOL

Does the vehicle "drip" water on the floor under the engine whenit's running? If not, you may have a clogged drain line.

It may be that the drain is put back in right if the blower box was pulled to do the heater core. If its pointing slightly up it will never drain like its supposed to.

Back