accelerator pump

FORDPWR

I have a 03 superduty, 6.0, 6 inches of lift on 37s, Banks power PDA, s&b stage 2 intake and an MBRP exhaust. i was getting 16 miles to the gallon with it, but i had the computer flashed and a new fuel pump put in it, and my milage has decreased. i reset the banks computer to what they recomend the settings to be on. My question, if i adjust the acelerator pump will it do anything to my milage or am i looking in the wrong direction.

Thanks

The latest flash from Ford took away milage, from what I have heard. Turning up the pump will not gain you any milage. You can check the fuel pressure and adjust to 55 psi and that will save injectors. But not any milage gain.

Diesels don't have accelerator pumps...carburators do..

ok well, do you no of anything i could do to increase the milage. Theres lots of diff settings i can put that programer at but im not sure what to do?

Put it on the highest setting and drive it nice and the truck will do better.

you can tend to get more out of custom tunes designed for your exact truck than you can with just preloaded programs that work with every truck.

Then again, I think you should be proud to get anywhere close to 14-15mpg with that 6" lift and riding on 37's. Like everyone else said, if you really want the most mpg, buy the SCT and have a tune written for your exact truck and then when the novelty wears off just drive it nice. You'll love the power and mileage.

yea i realize the 6 in lift on 37s dont help, but my buddy has the same truck as me with a 8 inch lift and he gets 16 miles to the gallon, so if i could get that, it would be awsome. he also has a sct programer to, not a Banks

yea i realize the 6 in lift on 37s dont help, but my buddy has the same truck as me with a 8 inch lift and he gets 16 miles to the gallon, so if i could get that, it would be awsome. he also has a sct programer to, not a Banks

You answered your own question.

also when i got it back from the ford shop it didnt puff black smoke, and it use to befor i brought it in there. Banks tech suport told me that the flashing could have something to do with that, because ford had a flash program that decreases fuel flow. They said i could increase the accelerator pump to a max of 120%. but if i do that would it mess with my fuel mileage?

OK when I answered the first time I thought you were refering to the HCFM on the framerail. It is what supplies the fuel to the heads then onto the injectors. What is the accelerator pump that you are refering to?

yeah i've never heard of it mentioned at all with a 6L. I think he's calling the HFCM(factory fuel pump) the accelerator pump. Cause that's the only pump on these trucks that has anything to do with fuel. Or maybe he's thinkin HPOP...haha IDK, never heard of it!

well its calling it the accelerator pump on my banks setting, so thats what im going off of.

Do yourself a favor, Call Innovative Diesel and buy a SCT, Put the Banks in the for sale section and on Craigslist to help pay for the SCT. Get the custom tunes option on the SCT and that will help with the milage. As far as I know there is no accelerator pump on a 6.0l just an accelerator pedal.

Sorry if I offended you, but I was in the same place you were with an Edge. Bought the SCT and never looked back. In the milage or power departments.

Good Luck

well i just got this truck a couple months ago and i dont know much about the banks. When i emailed banks tech they said there is an accelrator pump, but by the sounds of everything im better off to just go get a sct, any idea on how much one would cost for my truck?
03 f250, 6 inch lift, 37s, s&b stage 2 intake, MBRP exhaust, 5 in turbo back.

well i just got this truck a couple months ago and i dont know much about the banks. When i emailed banks tech they said there is an accelrator pump, but by the sounds of everything im better off to just go get a sct, any idea on how much one would cost for my truck?
03 f250, 6 inch lift, 37s, s&b stage 2 intake, MBRP exhaust, 5 in turbo back.

Innovative tunes
SCT Diesel Part # SCTX3IDP - SCT X3 Programmer- IDP Custom Tuned - Diesel Performance Parts

RCD
River City Diesel Custom Tune Equipped SCT X3 Power Flash Ford P

Back