adding water-meth what to watch for

2001cummins

Costly
i'm adding snow stage 3 water meth. What will I need to watch for?
Here are my mods
7x12 inj.
smarty w/revo
blue chip fms
afe stage one
fass 150/150

will have the head fire ringed and studded.

take care of the head before you do the water meth. cylinder pressure goes sky high with water meth. either then that make sure you dont do a hard run with it on and then shut the truck down. it can "corode"(sorry brain fart on the spelling) the bolts and your intake. just do a 30psi run with the water meth off so you can clear out any extra fluid in the intake.

when you tune the W/M dont have it come in to soon with the big nozzles, truck doesnt like that to much, and make another pull or let the truck run for 5 min or so after the last time you use it ro it roesnt rust up the intake

If your getting the mileage max version don't have it come on at anything less than about 6 psi otherwise you'll get water in your oil.

another issue with starting the mix too soon is it will actually "put the fire out" our trucks run on compression and if you fill the cylinder with steam then your not going to get a good hp number. i learned that the hard way. i dynod 50 more hp when i turned the meth off! i thought i had a junk system but it ended up i had the adjustment set at 10 instead of 25. oh well.

make sure your tank is mounted really low, or you get the shut off solinoid that blocks the line when the system is off. Actually you should get the soliniod anyhow. I've seen engine damage from sytems draining into the engine when its idleing or going downhill then when you hit the feul something goes bang.

Don't run to big of jets. I ran 2-.625 jets on my truck and it didn't matter where it came in at it was way to much. I run a .375 and a .625 nozzle now and it was a lot better.

i will second that. i ran the same set up and it was way better. when i was maxing at 35psi i had it start injecting at 20 and full on at 35 thats when it felt the best. i was just never happy with it and i got tired of people saying that hp doesnt count if its not fuel only. but id still beat em in a race. lol

make sure your tank is mounted really low, or you get the shut off solinoid that blocks the line when the system is off. Actually you should get the soliniod anyhow. I've seen engine damage from sytems draining into the engine when its idleing or going downhill then when you hit the feul something goes bang.

Where can I get the shut off solinoid?

they sell them anywere you can get the actual system. xtremedieselperformance has good deals.

Snow performance makes them, should be able to get one through anyone thats a dealer for them or maby even have to go right to snow direct.

I just run a single 375 ml nozzle and leave the spray active all the time. I find that I gain more power the less fuel that I have. I start to spray at 15psi and max flow at 35psi. I have picked up 70rwhp on a dyno. Running two nozzle I actually lost power. I run -35 deg blue windshield fluid. No issues with the head and I've been spraying for over a year this way. If anything, I don't have any valve seat cracks, so the stuff works. It just works better when the motor is at full operational temperature, when the trucks cold it seems to buck somewhat.

Back