Adjustable pump gear and Timing cover w/access

carfichris

CNC'ing my life away
In a Cummins P-Pump application, which adjustable pump gears are you guys running? Same with the timing cover with access for the gear. Likes, dislikes,and thoughts are all appreciated. Ive seen a few different ones but wasnt even sure who actually produced them.

Ive looked at their site before and didnt see anything. I am guessing thats how it is with these parts, people have them they are just not advertised. Thanks for the direction.

I think everything that comes out of that shop is top notch. Josh is a great guy to deal with also. IMO

I got mine through scheids, haisleys also sells them they sell scheids. You will need to buy a frt cover to access gear or just make your own like I did. I have already changed my timing 6 times and only took me 10-15min. per time.
Money well spent for a heavy fueling ppump no matter where you get it.

Ive seen a few covers but they have all been a new aluminum cover. I havent seen a modded stock cover.

I have already changed my timing 6 times and only took me 10-15min. per time.

It takes 10x that long to check/change timing the old fashioned way.

Are you using a dial indicator to check plunger lift...or just start with a known value and then go from there?

Beers,

Matt

Initially you set your timing the old fashioned way. The pieces I have seen from Scheid have little keys that go in 3 slots. Then you gan just change the keys and get a different timing.

Gotcha - I really like the sound of that...

Until someone figures out something like this - which is OEM on some Mercedes turbo diesels in automotive applications. (chain driven cam, IP, obviously...)

Cheers,

Matt

Attachments

• ChainDrivenInjectionPump-AdvanceDevice.jpg
    ChainDrivenInjectionPump-AdvanceDevice.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 138
PDW has a nice adjustable setup. You can get it with either no cover or a custom billet aluminum cover.....

I PM'd him for some too. I havent seen much about them thats why I started this thread. There is some good cover pics on BigBadDodgeIIs motor.

the last quote i got was 380 for the cover and 6xx something for the adj gear

Cost isnt the deciding factor. WITHIN reason. I just want to know who made what for this set up and see if there was one preferred design over another.

how much adjustability is in this setup? like 5 degrees up and down? or what

Ive seen two styles, one had 10 steps @1/2 degree each, the other had 6 steps @ 1 degree. Neither of them had any indication as to who made the parts.

do you really need an adjustable pump gear? Why do you change your timing that many times? Just curious and not sure why you would spend the money.

IKE

You from Missouri?

MI not MO
Dont let that comment fool ya. My money tree is resembles a small shrub. Nothing worse than spending your money, finding out a month later there is another piece for a few bucks more that is superior.

Back