adjustable pump gears & where to get one

72chevy

Who all makes the adjustable pump gear? & do any of them work with the stock front cover?

I don;t believe any of them will work with a stock cover as there is not a big enough hole to get to the bolts and timing slug.

IKE

I didnt figure any one made one that would work with the stock cover, wishful thinking I guess.

My timing has slipped again & setting the timing on these things is more of a pita than it should be. I can never seem to get the timing set on the first try, I have worked on engines with an adjustable gear & they are much easier to set up.

The one from Kennys pulling parts will work with the stock cover, but to change timing requires pulling the front cover.

Scheid gear with modded stock cover.

swap_002.JPG

0014.JPG

0031.JPG

It belongs to Advanced Diesel, I just borrowed it. Made the job a lot easier.

Kennys Pulling Parts has them. I used one all year last year with a stock cover. Just had to pull the cover each time to change timing. So I went ahead and got the billet front cover this year as well. Very nice piece. He does great work.

woodruff sells them, that's where I got mine at, looks exactly the same as the Shied unit above.

we run kennys, and he can make them like schieds with the adjustable offset washers, or the style we run with all the adjustment in the hub and it just has a locator pin.

he also makes adjustable cam gears

Got-Torque should have them available soon. You could pm him and ask when they will be available.

Back