Advice on Local Machine Shops

DieselBulldog10

Rollin Heads
I am looking for a machine shop around the central CA area. I need to have my intake plenum machined off and have some work done on the intake side. I also want to have the new head O ringed. I am open to any suggestions from anyone that has a good refferral.

Thanks
Alex

i used a guy in stockton named Wes King racing heads to port my head a while back. Thats also who does most of the erb brothers smoker tractor heads. I would just tell you that if its not for off road only it will crack when you remove material in not very much time on the road. I had him do a new reman head and it was cracked in less than 4k miles. Good luck.. Hes a very good head guy

i used a guy in stockton named Wes King racing heads to port my head a while back. Thats also who does most of the erb brothers smoker tractor heads. I would just tell you that if its not for off road only it will crack when you remove material in not very much time on the road. I had him do a new reman head and it was cracked in less than 4k miles. Good luck.. Hes a very good head guy

Thanks I'll look into that. It will be for off road use. I bought a head that was ported and it is from the east coast. Cole Dow picked it up for me when he was at the DPC and TS.

his advise and that of other knowledable head porters ive since talked to say there is way more gained by just using bigger valves and good valve jobs

ALC Machine in santa rosa, phone number 707 542 3533 is another that gave me the same info about valves and flow numbers. Also recently has done some real nice work for me and my friends so if you wanted to do all the work at the same place they can do it all. Jimmy is the machinest and does most of the port work.. I was thinking wes would be closer but ALC is deffinetly top notch and has a very fast turn around time.. Adam

Yes, curtain area & seat transition are the bottleneck, but that doesn't discount the need or benefit of port/runner mods.

Back