AeroMotive A1000

Diesel Buddy

"Monkey Wrench"
AeroMotive A1000 Good or Not? Hold Psi? Burn Up Quick?

What To Run With it? Water separator? Fuel Filter?

Lets Hear Your Set Up's?

I run -10 lines Aromotive filter, A1000, 2Micron filter, IP, Aeromotive Reg. on the return side with -6 line. Dont know how it works this will be the 1st year running it.
Brandon

Brandon.. what filter housing and filter are you using??
Thanks,
Bryan

I have had very good luck with mine, running 55 psi. and it barely got warm. Just make sure you bypass enough fuel to keep it cool. Those pumps do not like to be dead ended as they are cooled by the fuel. The little aeromotive fuel injected regulators work perfectly. I had the black coated marine pump but from what I see, they are the same internally. I had a dahl 150 before the pump and the 10 micron aeromotive filter after the pump. Brandon is correct on all hose sizes.

daily drove with mine last 2 years no issues fuel pressure set at 72

How does the pump suck? from the top like from a drawstraw or from the bottom?

The A1000 was not rated for diesel fuel but that may have changed, you should check. The Black Marine version of it was rated for diesel. The pumps need to have little to no restriction on the inlet and should be gravity feed. As others have said you need to keep constant fuel flow to keep from burning the pump up, so you will need some type of bypass with it.

a1000 is not rated for diesel... (Diesel is thicker than gas) ... but the marine verison might be... what is differance?

This is a pulling truck it will be going on to... would it really hurt it if i pulled 50 times a year ... 300ft? Its not like its a daily driver.

A1000, daily driven for past 2 years, fed through a standpipe. they are tough pumps. dont sweat using one.

IMG_3446_640x480_.JPG

IMG_3447_640x480_.JPG

IMG_3450_640x480_.JPG

Some pics of the pump and regulator on my old 6.0

and what is written there i believe is the only diff from black to red pumps. No open contacts like on the red pump. USCG requirement.

black pump has the same exact terminals as the red A1000 pump. I have had both in my hands at the same time. Only difference is the Black hard anodizing. Specs are identical between the 2 so that leads me to think internally the same also.

According to Aeromotive all the same. They don't list any belt drive pumps as diesel rated. But when I called the tech told me all pumps can be used with #2 all the way to B100 with no issues.

a1000 is not rated for diesel... (Diesel is thicker than gas) ... but the marine verison might be... what is differance?

This is a pulling truck it will be going on to... would it really hurt it if i pulled 50 times a year ... 300ft? Its not like its a daily driver.

Talk to the engineers. It is the same pump now, just different color. When I talked to them about mine, they said no problems, just make sure there is a filter before.

When I asked him about the different flow rates, his responce was "one day we will update the marine flow rates." The A1000 flow rate is the correct one.

Back