AFC LIVE featured in Diesel Tech Mag

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Todd and I recently had a shop visit from Diesel Tech Magazine. They wanted to check out some new fandangled tuner for a 12 valve cummins..... AFC LIVE

There will be a full install and write-up in the winter edition of Diesel Tech Magazine. In the meantime, they have a short intro posted up on their website, check it out:

http://www.dieseltechmag.com/2015/07/the-afc-live-fuel-control

Awesome...But I still think you should have named it "Smoke Switch". LOL

Awesome...But I still think you should have named it "Smoke Switch". LOL

Dont think they wanted to encourage the oralers. Unfortunately i still see oralers buying this and using it as a "smoke" signal for some man on man action. However i think its a great tool for the enthusiast.

Dont think they wanted to encourage the oralers. Unfortunately i still see oralers buying this and using it as a "smoke" signal for some man on man action. However i think its a great tool for the enthusiast.

Thing is, full open is stock! So there shouldn't be any smoke switching from the young punks.

Maybe sell it with a plastic bag for an extra $50?

Thing is, full open is stock! So there shouldn't be any smoke switching from the young punks.

Haha nice package deal.

I must have misunderstood how it works, i thought the boos ref line would cause it to fuel harder down low.

The instructions call for removing the fuel plate and loosening the star wheel to about the 3/4 full forward position. This lightens up the stock AFC spring but still allows AFC LIVE to control the bottom end fueling because there is still some spring tension to work with. The instructions also call for the simple washer flip mod to get more AFC foot travel.

Our goal wasn't to help oralers smoke more, we wanted to help stockish trucks get the potential for more power all while providing the tuning tools to make their trucks get good mileage and have good street manners. More advanced users will use it tune in their bracket racer truck, make their race trucks streetable, make their hotrod street truck towable, make any modified 12 valve street-able in emission strict states like Cali. With any tuning device, I'm sure anything is possible so who knows what the oralers will do with it.

Luckily, Diesel Tech isn't an oraler flashy magazine, it's a daily driver working truck magazine...based in the middle of potato farm country in central Idaho.

Last edited:
Back