Aftermarket Gauges and Dealers

JonnyB

Stay Stock Stay Happy
I have some gauges sitting here from my old 2005 6.0 and would like to put them on my stock 07. Truck is completely stock. I am curious if the dealer would be leary of me saying the truck is stock when I have 3 pod gauges installed. Anyone agree/disagree? Oh and I have no idea how my dealer feels about modifications

Gauges usually don't cause too much of a stir, at least at the Ford Dealer I work at. And if they ask just be honest with it. if you dont have any chips/programmers just say so, dont bring it up unless they ask. You can tell them the gauges are there for you to monitor your truck's vitals when you are towing.

the dealer i went to didn't care about my 4 gauge pod, along with intake and exhaust.

Same here with my 7.3--I was completely honest with the dealer I went to and as long as I didn't program the truck or chip it, the didn't mind gauges/intake/exhaust/etc...

depends on the dealer. Most wont care about just gauges. I have heard of some voiding warranty for JUST gauges though... but I've only heard this, never seen it.

Yeah what they say is true. If the dealer can relate a malfuction to any parts installed on your truck they have the right to void your warranty. If its a A hole dealership they will do what it takes to get out of doing the work.

Back