aftermarket intercooler??

whitelightnin

hey guys i was wondering what your all thought was on running aftermarket intercoolers was. Im doing a build on a 12v 66/s480, custom cam, 5x.018 injectors, 13mm pump, etc... Would an aftermarket intercooler benifit me any, i just dont know a lot about them?

Are you serious about all that or just a tire kicker? You can run like 10's on stock intercooler as long as you have no leaks.

I bet an aftermarket intercooler would cool the iat a lot better than the stocker. I think an aftermarket intercooler would be most beneficial with a side draft intake. At least on a common rail that's the big choke point. This is all speculation, I still have my stock intercooler.

i would run air to air, yes i am serious about this i already have all the parts ready except for the pump. Just didnt know if an aftermarket intercooler would benifit me that much to spend the money on one. So limited , what your saying is the stock intercooler should be just fine?

hey guys i was wondering what your all thought was on running aftermarket intercoolers was. Im doing a build on a 12v 66/s480, custom cam, 5x.018 injectors, 13mm pump, etc... Would an aftermarket intercooler benifit me any, i just dont know a lot about them?

With that much air, an good aftermarket intercooler will help some. After I split 2 stock ones, I went with the BD. Like the one guy said, you can run 10s with the stock one, but you'll run lower 10s with a better one.

I would consider an aftermarket cooler as one of your last purchases. It helps efficiency, but you can get a lot more for the money in other areas first.

I have a aftermarket one for sale. $650 if you would like it. Just PM me.

thanks for the input guys i have pretty much all the parts and supporting mods i need so i might be in the market for one. cumins01 i sent you a pm. Any brands you all suggest or to watch out for?

Were were required to run air to air coolers at the pulls a couple years ago. My stock cooler wouldnt let me leave the line after I put the new motor and charger in. I swaped it out for an aftermarket air to air and it was like a whole nother truck. I don't think its absolutly necessary for you but I would for sure look into it.

Sounds like Garrett has the most efficient core's you can buy right now. You could get a hold of them and then if you can tig aluminum or know of a place that can so that the ends can be built, you would probably get the best results short of going with water, and it wouldnt be as expensive as some of the other options.

Sounds like Garrett has the most efficient core's you can buy right now. You could get a hold of them and then if you can tig aluminum or know of a place that can so that the ends can be built, you would probably get the best results short of going with water, and it wouldnt be as expensive as some of the other options.

Thanks, I will look into that. Yeah I don't want to go to water

That air to air looks shorter than a stock one. Is that only for a second gen? It appears that you have to hack up the front end to fit it. How good is a bd or a hellman intercooler?

I have a HTT, so far so good. I like the new BD ones, they are extruded instead of the usual fins..they look stronger (less likely to mess up the fin area).
Honestly i bought mine way before i was going fast cause it was shiny..it looks sweet! I guess thats still the cf member in me.

Back