ahale's 2wd shortbed 1stgen build

ahale2772

so its decided, i'm building a 1stgen 2wd racer.

47rh/full manual
4 link
cage
engine from my 94 (hammy head, 13mm pump)
large twins

ect ect.

I decided that going fast in my 94 dually was kind of silly, when I have a 2wd frame with a newly rebuild front end, and a rotted back half. its begging for a 4 link, and some big slicks. I have a PERFECT cab/front end for it, all I really need is a bed.

i'll put the 94 back to tow rig duty and have fun with the firstgen.

the goal is a street legal, semi reliable, 1000hp truck that can hook and run 9's.

i fixed one rotted cab corner, and the drip rail already, other than that the rockers and sheet metal are in great shape.

92694F49-948B-4D93-A8C0-9458096E8E49-1822-000000A1A7A49C33.jpg
[/URL]

it was a dump truck for some town in CT. the rear half of the fame is rotted clean off, but from the rear of the cab forward is good, I already sandblasted it and put all new components in the front end, I have new engine mts, body mounts and some other bits and pieces to put it together. also have a SRW d80 disk axle with 3.55's that I'll put a spool in and go racin'

the day I brought it home.

C3B9231A-674C-4888-9F3C-6ACD2E5B94AB-137-0000000730475ED6.jpg
[/URL]

I hope to have it driving by spring. biggest mysteries are the 4 link, and what i'll do to make a 2wd 47rh strong, IDK what options there are out there. I also need to build a lower end for my engine, i'd like to stay in the range of what balanced 12V rods can do.

this should be fun.:rockwoot:

Last edited:
Mine weighed 4850 with 1/4 tank and the 727, and it was a longbed...I think sub-4000 is in your future....

biggest mysteries are the 4 link, and what i'll do to make a 2wd 47rh strong, IDK what options there are out there. I also need to build a lower end for my engine, i'd like to stay in the range of what balanced 12V rods can do.

this should be fun.:rockwoot:

Why are these mysteries?

This looks interesting. At least this one is planning for big build first, not 500hp goal getting 1k. :lolly:

Looks like it should be tons of fun! Go fast 1st gen!

Only mysteries because I don't have them yet.

I'm excited to build it seeing I'm starting with a good head start.

I've been torn up lately after my 94 has been sitting after breaking the tail housing off and destroying the everything.

What is the best solution for an output in a 2wd rh?

Saawweeetttttt im excited for this you always do awesome work. I actually have a question for you about machining a snap ring for the seal on a ve. I read somwhere that you did it on your old truck. If you dont mind ill shoot you a pm sometime.

Nice, cant wait to see some progress ...
I might take some notes from your build for mine, 2wd street truck also, thinking about Air bags Front and rear, with rear axle flip ( leafs under axle) , should be fun...

"I'm getting out of fast trucks" alex this friday.
"I'm building a 2wd shortbed first gen to do wheelies" alex on Monday

gonna b a cool build. im n the middle of one just like this. 85 standard cab 2wd c20 that i cut 20" out of frame to shorten her up a bit..

Back