Air conditioner

backwoodsbubba8

know it all
My truck is a 98 I've had problems in the past with water in floor board I thought it was the heater core. Once I changed that I quickly realized that it wasn't the core. My truck also will not pee while the ac is turned on instead when u shut the truck off it floods. Also have a smell in the cab that almost smells like hot antifreeze. Which all along was the reason why I presumed it was my heater core. Any help greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

IF("core is good" AND "water in floor", plugged drain, no idea)

Run a wire up it and/or pull the fan motor and wash it out the drain. Three screws in the fan...that back one is a biddy.

Ya inline lol I took the
Motor out and there were leaves. It drains but will only drain once the truck is off after the system has been running. Like you can run the ac and as soon as you shut it off its like opening a 2 liter bottle and pouring it out

There is still crud in there, the fan pressure will hold the water in, clean it out again and use a water hose until you get it all out.

check the areas where air is introduced to the system. under the cowl for regular A/C and under the dash for max A/C. if they are restricted it would force the system to suck air in thru the drain, not allowing it to drain normally.

just a temp change away. I've seem them freeze and as soon as the compressor stops it melts and the water runs, either way it's probably air flow.

Back