Air Dog fuel module upgrade

dieselduck

Anyone out their running the fuel mod from Pureflow Tech? I tried it with the 150 and found it had too much restriction on the return side, caused 25+ psi to the CP3 and the pump screamed at mid rpm's. 1/4 inch fitting and 3/8 line in the module itself the problem I think. A strait line into a can droped the psi to 20. Pureflow sent me a 100 and it works ok at 20psi, but I want 600+ hp in the future and will have to run the 150. Suggestions??? Anyone tried the module on the Dynomite Diesel website?:what:

are you referring to the drop in module that comes with the ad II's? the in-tank guy that eliminates the draw straw? i need to order an ad here soon and want to know if the extra cash is worth it

Yes and no, The Air Dog kit has you modifiying your stock fuel module (drill a 9/16 hole in the top and install a new draw tube + cut the factory pressure side to make it a return). You get a handfull of parts from Pureflow and do it yourself. The DDS looks to be a whole new module, but I am not sure. Is it worth it??? I do not have any 1/4 tank issues, but as I said I also am not running the pump I started with.:doh:

interesting...lol...i was worried when i read your post! i just want to make sure i dont have any issues and just drop it in!

I talked with Pureflows head tech Toby many times on this during and after the install, trust me you do not just "drop it in". I wrote them a letter that went with the 150 I returned stating all of the above issues & reqesting a reply --- I never got one been well over a month now. I figure I will have to buy a whole new system when I install twins.:evil*bdh*

great...lol..well my buddy is ordering one first...he fried his stock lp, so im gonna helo with that install to see if the extra $100 is worth it. we did one on sledpuller21's..original ad...he just took extra time with the draw straw...seems that my FAA A&P licenses will come in handy...lol

Weak Lift Pump

great...lol..well my buddy is ordering one first...he fried his stock lp, so im gonna helo with that install to see if the extra $100 is worth it. we did one on sledpuller21's..original ad...he just took extra time with the draw straw...seems that my FAA A&P licenses will come in handy...lol

I need help with what to do about Replacing my lift pump and i would like to run twins in the future

are you referring to the drop in module that comes with the ad II's? the in-tank guy that eliminates the draw straw? i need to order an ad here soon and want to know if the extra cash is worth it

Iam New At this lingo and what is a cp-3

I have the ADII and I love it. It wasn't that big a deal at all. You no longer use the factory feed line, but you do use the factory feed port on top of the canister for the return from the AD. I have been running it for about a month now with no issues. In fact, my truck is on the E right now with no problems.

The CP3 is the injection pump on 03-up cummins and duramax's.

I would call AD or PM 2tone12v if you have any questions. Or just post a question in the Pureflow vendor forum. Anthony checks it pretty often. I may be able to answer some of your questions as well as it is still pretty fresh in my mind from installing mine recently.

As I stated before I will eventually need the capacity of the 150. IT DID NOT WORK AND A DOZEN CALLS LATER TO PUREFLOW'S HEAD TECH (ME TRYING WHATEVER HE SUGGESTED EACH TIME) DID NOT RECTIFY THE SITUATION. I talked to Anthony proir to purchacing the 150, he told me it would work fine, Toby is the one who suggested the "upgrade kit". The 100 I have now works fine, but WILL NOT SUPPORT MY FUTURE HP GOAL. I could dump the return fuel into the filler neck to solve the backpressure problem with the 150, but then the draw straw will drain the fuel cup at low fuel levels. I am NOT employed at Pureflows R&D dept, however I have done several hours of R&D for them for free!!!!!!!! Customers are not supposed to do a Manufactures reserch for them.:badidea:

Is their a way to transfer this question into the Pureflow forum. I did not realize the manufactures had their own forums.

My truck idles at 23 psi and drops down to 20 at WOT. I just have the Smarty for fueling and I dont have any problems. Maybe you could get the new ADII and just turn the pressure down on it? Maybe try running a 3/8" line instead of the 1/4" for the return? You may have to drill again into the top of the canister in order to use the bigger fittings for the 3/8" line.

I called Pureflow today. Ron told me the new ADII 165 has demand flow, and just returns a trickle of fuel through a smaller 5/16 line. Long story short they are sending me a 165 ADII. I hope this works, sounds like it will. The ADII's came out officialy about a week after I installed the 150, great timing right!

Pureflow themselves told me not to let fuel pressure to the CP3 drop below 10psi. Last dyno the truck laid down 370RWHP, only change since then is the Air Dog and Mechanical gauges. Fuel pressure runs 20psi on idle and 12psi flat stays their on the floor (no recovery until you lift the pedal). When I had the 150 on it ran 25+psi on idle an 17-18psi on the floor. The FP hose is ran off the fitting that goes directly into the CP3. No one seams to know why the pressure drops so much at 370hp??? Pureflow says I should botttom out at the lowest 15psi. I think the 100 model would barely handle 500hp. The Max HP Pureflow recomends for the 100 is 550.:what:

Any one know why @ 370hp I am loosing so much PSI???

You are possibly pulling air somewhere. Losing vacuum somewhere and are making for a real tired AirDog real fast if this is the case. 600+ hp is easily handled with a 100 unit. With you having a consistent drop from the 100 and the 150 tells me there is a problem elsewhere. Because with your mods you WILL NOT be able to pull it down that far. MAYBE 4 psi at the most. So I think every line and connection needs to be closely looked at. Each hose is pushed over every hose barb til it bottoms out. Check your connections at the tank. Thats usually where we find something like that. Check to make sure your tank is still vented correctly as well.

Back