Air dog Popping fuses

Smokinrebel

Went to drive truck this morning and made it 2-3 miles and looked down and i had no fuel pressure. Stopped truck and turned it off, bumped key, no air dog. Checked the inline 20A fuse and it was blown, threw another in it and it popped after about 1-2 minutes. Put another in it, same thing. Went and got new ice cube relay and tried it out, same thing....My buddies was doing this last summer...ended up being bad pump. Any ideas?

Thanks
Brian

My fass on my wife did the exact same thing this last week. Told me the pump was burnt up. Think it must of been the cold blast that came thru here. Even treating the fuel pretty heavy the pump still went on the fritz.

Mine did that... I was gettin hay in so I didn't really have the option of pullin the pump, short of using one of the "nice" trucks.

I pulled the gerotor and it was scared a bit. So I sanded it as much as I thought I could without throwing the tolerances off to awful bad... It runs on a 25 amp fuze now.

And no, I don't expect it to be warrantied after doin that.

I thought mine was gunna blow a fuse for how much it was bogging down pulling gelled fuel...

Mine did the same thing awhile back. Wound up being the shaft seal. It went out and got diesel in the motor housing and shorted it out. Called Airdog and they sent me a new motor.

Sent from my paperweight

This is what I feel like may have happens...I crawled under it a little while ago and case was wet with fuel

My roommates ADII took a dump yesterday. 7 months old. Never blew fuses or anything. Just acted like it was losing ground a couple times then gone. Good product for sure

they did the same for a friend. it may be down for a couple days but they should hook you up, I have heard so much crap about the AD vs. Fass and honestly I think everything fails, being that I work on mostly brand new equipment from Volvo and hitachi I can tell you not everything ever created in mass will last forever nor be perfectly consistant. im proud of my Air dog, its OLLD. lol.

They run on electricity, the magic smoke will not stay in them forever LOL

My roommates ADII took a dump yesterday. 7 months old. Never blew fuses or anything. Just acted like it was losing ground a couple times then gone. Good product for sure

Check the battery that it's connected to. Mine did the something and the battery was junk. Replace it and been fine ever since.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Shaft seal went and leaked fuel into the motor housing and shorted out the windings. Happened to me about a year ago. Plugged the factory pump up and motored on down the road. Took AD 3 day turnaround on the motor. All I had to pay was shipping. That's the only thing I've had go wrong with the setup in the 6 years it's been on the truck.

Try letting it out on an $8k scale unit, boss was not happy, and neither was I LOL

Try watching the smoke come out of a 500KVA(it was a little one) 3 phase transformer as you are commissioning a temporary generator setup. I almost just walked to the exit gate. LOL

Back