Air filter ?

BLOWN84

POWER ADDICT
Hey I want to know what you guys think of this . My bud has an 05 6.0 that has 34k on it . He has had the headgaskets replaced the egr cooler a couple injectors once went back with the same skipping issue they reflashed it and said its all set it is back there again for the skip and a turbo noise . He took it in about 4months ago for a noise coming from the turbo but the tech said I dont hear it and they told him to take it there was nothing wrong now they are telling him the turbo is shot and it is because he has a replacement air filter (not a cold air kit just the filter) so no warranty . I know you have to pay to play but the truck was brought in for the same noise 4 months ago BEFORE the filter was changed . He had a predator programer (which I'm sure explains some of the first issues )but has removed it and now has the power pup but they were removed when it went it for service so they dont know about them it is all about the air filter I am trying to get what brand but he forgot and the truck is at the dealer so I cant check for myself but I know it wasnt a K&N .......The dealer is even telling him if he wants to trade it in they will give him 24,000 for it just the way it is .

If it's just a replacement filter this may be one of those cases where the Magnuson/Moss Warranty Act actually fits.
He may want to read up on it...it states basically that you have the right to use non-OEM replacement parts...specifically filters and such....without voiding your warranty.

UNBROKEN said:
If it's just a replacement filter this may be one of those cases where the Magnuson/Moss Warranty Act actually fits.
He may want to read up on it...it states basically that you have the right to use non-OEM replacement parts...specifically filters and such....without voiding your warranty.

Ha boy you were right He had a little chat with them about that act and after some back and forth about it they went from no way to well maybe to oh ok we will take care of it we dont need the headache they kept the copy of the act he came up with lol . Thanks ........

BLOWN84 said:
Ha boy you were right He had a little chat with them about that act and after some back and forth about it they went from no way to well maybe to oh ok we will take care of it we dont need the headache they kept the copy of the act he came up with lol . Thanks ........

boy your friend is lucky. most aftermarket air cleaners sand the turbo. why becuse they are oil base to trap debre. most folks dont keep up with them if it would have been my dealership he would have been f.....

dj

Sand the turbos? What does this mean? This is the first I have ever heard .What filter do you recommend? Stock?

djdieseltech said:
boy your friend is lucky. most aftermarket air cleaners sand the turbo. why becuse they are oil base to trap debre. most folks dont keep up with them if it would have been my dealership he would have been f.....

dj

Thanks they said they are putting a stock air filter in when they put it back together . But so you tell me that you would say urfd to a customer that has bought 5 vehicles from you in 2 1/2 years and was even looking to get a new 08 crew dually ?Even when this truck was in 4 months ago BEFORE the filter was put in for the SAME TURBO NOISE but because the TECH didn't hear it and said it was fine he should have to pay ? Well I guess when you are asked for a print out of the vehicles service history and see the customer highlight the date and that it was in for the SAME noise only 4 months back then you are presented with a reciept with the date highlighted for when the filter was purchased and a warranty law you start to think you might be wrong lol . Please let me know the name of your dealer if you have one lol JUST SO I KNOW WHERE NOT TO GO and if you think it is ok to treat customers like that then your f....d

BLOWN84 said:
Thanks they said they are putting a stock air filter in when they put it back together . But so you tell me that you would say urfd to a customer that has bought 5 vehicles from you in 2 1/2 years and was even looking to get a new 08 crew dually ?Even when this truck was in 4 months ago BEFORE the filter was put in for the SAME TURBO NOISE but because the TECH didn't hear it and said it was fine he should have to pay ? Well I guess when you are asked for a print out of the vehicles service history and see the customer highlight the date and that it was in for the SAME noise only 4 months back then you are presented with a reciept with the date highlighted for when the filter was purchased and a warranty law you start to think you might be wrong lol . Please let me know the name of your dealer if you have one lol JUST SO I KNOW WHERE NOT TO GO and if you think it is ok to treat customers like that then your f....d

No, your the one that fd. If you go to any dealer, with an aftermarket air cleaner, and you have a dusted turbo or engine, you're the one that fd.

BTW, my dealership is called DJ's Diesel Performance, in Ocala, Florida. If you are ever in the area, we'll take a look at your problem child. As for warranty ... that's iffy there.

DJ

djdieseltech said:
No, your the one that fd. If you go to any dealer, with an aftermarket air cleaner, and you have a dusted turbo or engine, you're the one that fd.

BTW, my dealership is called DJ's Diesel Performance, in Ocala, Florida. If you are ever in the area, we'll take a look at your problem child. As for warranty ... that's iffy there.

DJ

Iffy huh ha your sounding like them I thought I was f.... now its iffy lol hey If he had put this filter in then started having issues I would have said he was fd BUT it WAS making noise long BEFORE the filter and you think a new filter will smoke a turbo in a month ? Again this is not a whole intake kit just a replacement filter . So do you tell your customers that your warranty is iffy lol ?

BLOWN84 said:
Iffy huh ha your sounding like them I thought I was f.... now its iffy lol hey If he had put this filter in then started having issues I would have said he was fd BUT it WAS making noise long BEFORE the filter and you think a new filter will smoke a turbo in a month ? Again this is not a whole intake kit just a replacement filter . So do you tell your customers that your warranty is iffy lol ?

no actually i tell my customers to be smart and take aftermarket equipment of before they go to the ford dealer.

dj.

djdieseltech said:
no actually i tell my customers to be smart and take aftermarket equipment of before they go to the ford dealer.

dj.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: replcement Air filter = Aftermarket equipment :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Hey what ever its not my truck but I do know the facts and the turbo was fd long before the after market equipment air filter was installed . He did remove the tuner so atleast he was smart there but I guess the only place you can buy oil or a oil filter is from ford or your warranty will be void as well and dont fill your tires at a gas station either that would be after market equipment air :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Oh well no parts stores anymore for him lol .

UNBROKEN said:
Take it to PM's

Nope no need DJ and I just have a different opinion no big thing I just wonder where the line would really end if you cant even replace a air filter without voiding the warranty .

Back