air for my 4bd1t isuzu

stlcummins

ex Jerry Haas employee
Ive aquired a 4 cyl isuzu turbo diesel for my rat rod truck and kinda want to get rowdy with it. Shock factor would work out pretty good with 3 snails hangin off this thing. I just dont know what turbos would be good to use.

This motor looks like a 4bt except everything is opposite hand. Pump is on pass side and turbo is on driver side.

What's it going in? I love rat rods. What's the displacement? What injection pump and how much fuel can you squeeze out of her?

I saw where he was using a hy35 for the secondary but cant seem to find what the primary is.

Hey Casey how ya been?

See thats just it, I dont know what is going to be too big on this motor. Im still reading up on it and learning about fueling possibilities to spin some twins. I still have all of my triples hardware left over from my old truck. 3 hy35's would be good shock value for my rat rod I think

Its going into a 41 International Harvester with a 39 IH grill shell. 50 Ford bed. No fenders. Air ride in the rear. Lays rocker and rear frame.
What's it going in? I love rat rods. What's the displacement? What injection pump and how much fuel can you squeeze out of her?

A friend of mine is wanting to do triples on his p7100 4bt and the worst part is that baby turbos cost just as much (sometimes more) unless you are using OEM parts

Stockers will be fine for what im doin. And lime you said keeps the project cheap.
A friend of mine is wanting to do triples on his p7100 4bt and the worst part is that baby turbos cost just as much (sometimes more) unless you are using OEM parts

so like a he341 with two hx30's? what kind of power are you looking for?

That sounds like a sweet set up! All I really want is burn out power. It would be pretty b!tchin to light the tires off at about 40mph too tho. Lol.
so like a he341 with two hx30's? what kind of power are you looking for?

Well Mike Hill is selling a 341 pretty cheap if your interested.

The problem with these little motors will be spool.. I hear that a 341 is a relatively large charger for a 3.9

Last edited:
I sold my dodge a year ago and focused on my rat rod, I dont even remember any info on the 341.
Well Mike Hill is selling a 341 pretty cheap if your interested.

The problem with these little motors will be spool.. I hear that a 341 is a relatively large charger for a 3.9

I just checked the onfo in the sticky. Two 30's over the 341 sounds like it would be alot of fun.

Aren't they the same specs as an Hy35 with a single scroll turbine housing and 3rd gem style compressor housing. What kinda RPM's will this miniature monster turn?

Nothin too crazy rpm wise. 3200 at most is fine with me. Its just a cruiser for icecream and sno cone runs with my kids. And the occasional car show/cruise.
Aren't they the same specs as an Hy35 with a single scroll turbine housing and 3rd gem style compressor housing. What kinda RPM's will this miniature monster turn?

Back