Air? How much can you draw?need help

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
Question, my project is a non-turbo diesel-its a 6 cyc diesel engine(tractor ) and had 3 ct 2 cyc heads and the stock intake is about 3 ft long and about 3" around , my question is : I have a 3" elbow coming off intake and goes threw the hood about 3" and i have a 8" high round k & n air cleaner on it, a couple of turbo diesel tractor guys came over and said take the air filter off and run a 2 - 3 ft pipe up and you'll make more power, so what do you guys think about this ? I turn the engine around 2200 - 24oo rpm
p.s.
I can't build a custom intake because it has to remain stock looking and as nice as my tractor is they'll see it or find it.

A pic would definately help! Without knowing a little more about your engine an wat your doing with it ,it's a little hard to know !

Case Tractor??

Elbows are bad, tons of restriction. One elbow is about 6' of straight pipes worth of restriction without doing a bunch of math.

Chris

Picture you requested

The air cleaner isn;t on at the moment but it does mount upper left hand of the hood, its a 8" high,round k & n filter, thing of taking that off and just run a 4" round chrome pipe about 18" high straight up ?

Attachments

• MOLINE 2011.jpg
    MOLINE 2011.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
Back