Air locking VP's on the rollers

B N S slammer

For anyone who has a VP truck that is bad about air locking, did you have your truck dynoed? If you have did the operator ever air lock your vp? Or was your truck bad about air locking on the rollers?

Many trucks are bad about it.... Dunbar was quite good about keeping it from happening.

Mine was really bad about it, but I never had a problem on the rollers as I was always at the pedals.

Got a feeling mine will do it this weekend...

Well two passes and mine never air locked.

I might have to run it at TS then.. if they air lock it oh well... jus point n laugh.. i wanna know where im at

Mine air locks on the highway but it didn't do it with 3 different pulls on a dyno :confused:. I was driving so I was prepared for it to stumble but it never did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Mine air locks on the highway but it didn't do it with 3 different pulls on a dyno :confused:. I was driving so I was prepared for it to stumble but it never did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Same here, so when I clutched it I was trying to help it along lol

when dynoing a VP truck....DONT LIFT!!! Let the ECM catch the engine and limit RPM that way...it will hit 3500-3700 RPM and stop on its own...then let up on the throttle

DF--hit the nail on the head, slowly let up on the go pedal--you can airlock them on the road, racing, sled pulling and on the dyno and even just screwing around in the dirt....chris

Same here, so when I clutched it I was trying to help it along lol

What did yours put down?

My old HO was good for it with my Mach 7s 093 tubes and quad 4k when the truck was a 6speed. After the auto conversion and 6x13s it did it much less. Then once i put the monster on i haven't had it happen at all. I do make sure i let out easy and everything tho. If i accidentally go from 3rd to neutral i blip the throttle quite a few times also.

Ahhh what the hell, no load dyno at ts?

He is at TS, but it was dyno'd last in Tulsa at Dex's Memorial event. I don't know if he plans on running it again at TS. Maybe he'll wake up and chime in. :D They are prolly all at the Waffle House hung over to beat the band while the rest of us sit at work and stare at this website.. LOL

Last edited:
I kinda forgot about this issue. Mine never really died, but did run funny for a few seconds at the end of the strip. Now with the monster, it has never done it.

He is at TS, but it was dyno'd last in Tulsa at Dex's Memorial event. I don't know if he plans on running it again at TS. Maybe he'll wake up and chime in. :D They are prolly all at the Waffle House hung over to beat the band while the rest of us sit at work and stare at this website.. LOL

Oh i gotcha, and ya i wish i was hung over at ts lol. Screw work! Oh well i just went and put I'n my vacation time for the Indiana shootout!

Perfect description of TS 2013 for most of us. Being a grown up with a big boy job sucks. I think its time to go back to college and get another degree :(

Perfect description of TS 2013 for most of us. Being a grown up with a big boy job sucks. I think its time to go back to college and get another degree :(

Screw going to college, I'm just going to go buy a winning lotto ticket!

Back