airbagit.com 4-link

Lucky Jeff

Stock Sucks
Found this kit in one of the diesel mags the other day. My Dad's been leery about lowering his truck so that it's low enough to haul his toy hauler level. Seems like this kit would work perfect. But the rear track bar setup they have, isn't very appealing to me. Coming down a mountain with an 18k lb, 40 foot trailer pushing you around a corner, with the thing bolted to your diff cover? Is this something that shouldn't be a concern?
airbagit.jpg

Use grade 8 bolts for the diff cover and I don't see how that wouldnt be strong enough? Only thing I could think of being an issue is it flexing just enough that it might leak?

Any way you could lower it that way, but instead of using that link setup just use the stock antisway bar?

Any way you could lower it that way, but instead of using that link setup just use the stock antisway bar?

No. That's not a sway bar it's a panhard bar. It's what keeps the rear end centered under the truck.

Don't worry about using the diff as a mount....people have been using it to mount those bars forever and that's about the only way to get a Watts link set-up to work.

I considered the same kit, but I havent seen any other pictures on a truck, or of the front setup they have too. Ive tried to get them to send pics, but they havent. I just want to see the full setup on a truck before id consider it.
The front has to be modified a bit, and im not wanting to hack it up.(cut the coil pocket and modify a little more)

I looked into the kits a few months back. The kit posted is a airbagit.com kit. I spoke with euri about it and they have a complete kit for from and rear airbag system for a great price. I dealt with him on a air ride kit for my rzr last year and we put together a kit they now offer for all utvs from the one i beta tested. He offered me a welded or a bolted kit the welded being more adjustable and stronger as well as cheaper. They only come standard red or I believe $200 for another color powdercoat.

Isnt his Pinbox adjustable? Got any pics of it? What kind of truck?

The pin on the trailer is as high as he can go.. If he raises it any more, it'll hit rail. He's been considering a 5th wheel/gooseneck bed. But at 20k+, and the fact that he'd want to swap beds every time he goes to haul the trailer. It's just not worth it.

And no, he won't just run a regular flat bed.. The truck is too nice to make it look cheap and ugly... They have their place, this aint it.

Thanks Rich. It seems like it should be strong enough, shear strength on the bolts "should" be plenty. Just seems like half ass to me. But I guess if it works, it works.

They were going to sell me the whole rear 4 link weldable kit, rear bags, front bags and custom buckets for a arms, basic controller, tank, compressor, all the solenoids and etc and all that would be mounted in a box I could mount somewhere in a nice clean style basicly mount the bags run air lines to them wire switches to cab and hot and ground to compressor and be done easy electrical install. Also he was going to throw in a c notch kit and powdercoat what he could the stuff that didnt need to be welded black and shipped for $2,400 which imo was a great deal i just went another direction. And also being that I helped them in developing a working utv airride kit not sure how much of a break he gave me on some of the cost etc. But it all sounded good and imo was a great price.

I've seen their kits in person, they do leave a little to be desired but still overall a nice kit. Personally i would weld everything on rather than bolt it all on.
As for the diff bracket i'd say that's perfectly fine, however you do usually want the panhard as long as possible to reduce any side to side movement during the suspension travel.

No. That's not a sway bar it's a panhard bar. It's what keeps the rear end centered under the truck.

Don't worry about using the diff as a mount....people have been using it to mount those bars forever and that's about the only way to get a Watts link set-up to work.

I know it's a panhard bar and what it's for, I just totally missed the whole airbag part, lol. I was trying to figure out why you would use it with leaves.... Duh!

No more CompD while I'm half asleep at work, lol

Back