AirDog 1 with adjustable regulator

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
Has anyone removed the ball and spring style regulator from an AirDog 1 150gph and installed an adjustable regulator?

I mean the regulator could be as crude has a 1/4 turn ball valve, right?

My pressure on my old school air dog is a few psi lower than I want and I could shim the spring with a washer but I figured some one had to have done something with an external regulator already.

Has anyone removed the ball and spring style regulator from an AirDog 1 150gph and installed an adjustable regulator?

I mean the regulator could be as crude has a 1/4 turn ball valve, right?

My pressure on my old school air dog is a few psi lower than I want and I could shim the spring with a washer but I figured some one had to have done something with an external regulator already.

You can use a ball valve but have to keep in mind that its returning full all the time so if the pump isn't good enough it will still loose pressure when your using a large amount of fuel

You can use a ball valve but have to keep in mind that its returning full all the time so if the pump isn't good enough it will still loose pressure when your using a large amount of fuel

Yeah, I understand what your saying about the pumps ability. I've already been looking for a different pump for when this one dies.

I just figured some one had stuck a regulator or ball valve into the the return side of the pump to have the ability to adjust the pressure.

Yeah, I understand what your saying about the pumps ability. I've already been looking for a different pump for when this one dies.

I just figured some one had stuck a regulator or ball valve into the the return side of the pump to have the ability to adjust the pressure.

I have a regulator on the return side of my injection pump if that counts.

try a sump... I picked up a few PSI that way

Funny you mention that.. I saw some blem sumps for sale yesterday but they had already been sold. I'll keep and eye out for one. I just don't like how the fuel line is hanging under the truck, but no one has posted up any issues with anything hitting or snagging it.

U can always get a stiffer spring from pure flow or double them up depending on the constant/ wot pressures your looking for

http://www.dieselautopower.com is giving Airdog customers a 10% coupon (Code PUMP) on several pumps, due to all of the failures & "Warraney issues" through March.

Ed

:nail: No comment.

My next pump is going to be a FuelBoss possibly with my own air/fuel seperator if I can get the pump to move enought GPH. If I can get the proper GPH from a FuelBoss to be able ro run a return line for the air/fuel then I'll persue trying to make a Air/Fuel seperator.

Back