AirDog II users....

2Tone12V

Got any on here? I see some over on the nation are using them and like them. Curious on the folks over here.

Just put one on my truck Wednesday night.. I had a GDP pump that had failed and purchased the AirDog II 165 to replace it. I did not install all of the items that came with the AirDog. I had 3/8 lines(from GDP kit) in place of the stock lines and left them on. AirDog II comes with 1/2" lines that I will replace next spring. The kit also came with parts to convert the factory fuel unit in the tank to a 1/2 inch feed tube that looked like it would work well, but I did not feel like dropping the tank at the moment. The kit I purchased is also adjustable pressure by just turning a screw on the pump. Was happy with how the kit came and the ease it went in.

i did the AD 150, easy, less than 2 hr install, my hardest problem was pulling the stock connectors form the tank and pump. The tank one sucks on the ford due to the space, but i was able to get my arm between the frame rail and the bed and finally get it popped off. the rest is easy.
--smoother idle and a tad quieter.

got mine on. went in good took longer than expected but not bad. no need to drop tank if you put the truck on jackstands you can neel and get to the top of the tank. truck runs alot better. i guess the stock pump was worse than i thought.

good to here some reviews from the 7.3 guys..may be one of my next mods..where seems to be the best place to order one?

Good to hear guys. Let me know if there is any suggestions you guys have. I will sure look into it. We are always looking to make it better.

Just put one on my truck Wednesday night.. I had a GDP pump that had failed and purchased the AirDog II 165 to replace it. I did not install all of the items that came with the AirDog. I had 3/8 lines(from GDP kit) in place of the stock lines and left them on. AirDog II comes with 1/2" lines that I will replace next spring. The kit also came with parts to convert the factory fuel unit in the tank to a 1/2 inch feed tube that looked like it would work well, but I did not feel like dropping the tank at the moment. The kit I purchased is also adjustable pressure by just turning a screw on the pump. Was happy with how the kit came and the ease it went in.

Unfortunately all you did was cut your fuel volume back and cause the pump to run higher amps which is going to burn the pump up very fast. I would suggest switching that.

I'm still waiting on that custom pink anodized one to be available.....

Last edited:
Good to hear guys. Let me know if there is any suggestions you guys have. I will sure look into it. We are always looking to make it better.

I may have an idea or two that would benefit the Ford crowd.... just sayin :D

installed a ad II 165 about 2 months ago. love the pump.
suggestions-

maybe a tad more fuel line...i literally made one cut and am barely making it on my megacab. routed things quite a few ways to make it work...otherwise i wouldnt have gotten home!

i was missing one of the adapter fittings...had my friend drive me to the truck stop an hour away at 11pm. boy was i pissed....

I just installed the air dog II 165 as well and it rocks. At the same time of installing the air dog, i also installed Hellman's sump into the bottom of the fuel tank and a fuel pressure gauge. Overall, i was very impressed with the whole package and would recommend this set up to everyone.

I have one and I like it but I will agree that you need to put more fuel line in the box, I had to go buy 5 feet. I also wish there was a local place to buy filters, or a better selection of filters. I am pleased with the pump.

Back