Airdog Problems?

Chapman_4

I know there are a lot of threads like this but I didn't really see any problems like mine. My pump is about 4 years old and it started blowing fuses every time you started the truck so I called airdog and they told me its cause my pump is shot. That's understandable since it was older but I bought a new one and put it on about two weeks ago. Everything worked fine till today and now it's not coming on again so I checked the fuse first thing and its not shot. So I was just wondering if anybody else had this problem with theirs or heard anything like it before. So I could mite get more of an understanding of what to look for since I can't call them till Monday.

Get used to It, my brother is on his 4th ad 150 motor in the last 1.5 years. Kinda getting sick of changing them.

If I take my test light to the pump and unplug it with the key turned over, one of those two pins should light up right?

Test light doesnt tell you actual voltage what your looking for. Get a muiltimeter and then we can help a bit more. The small gauge wire they run to the pump has a pretty good voltage drop from how mine was.

Yeah I know u don't have a voltage meter handy tho. I changed the fuse and relay and it still doesn't come on

Check to make sure you have good voltage coming out of the harness where the AirDog would connect. Then get back with me. It's something very easy to fix. We just have to find where/what to fix.

Check the connection at the fusible link. I recently had a loose wire in the fusible link from being wrapped too tight at that location. I could wiggle the wires and the pump would come on. Would not blow fuses, just wouldn't come on. (If your version of the pump has one. I know my Raptor did not. My 165 does.)

Back