AirDog Supply Issue

FosterW

How Now Brown Cow
The truck I recently bought has an AD150 installed on it. I installed a Draw StrawI for more reliablility and was driving it for some time. Everything was working as it should.

Recently I was driving and killed the original VP. At that time the Airdog was still pushing fuel. I replaced the VP and when I went to start I was getting no supply fuel at the VP. I removed the supply hose at the airdog and still no fuel is coming out during cranking or key 'on'. You can easily hear the pump running while key 'on'.

What should I be checking next guys?

TIA, Wes

Will do.

I read somewhere that the pump motor could be turning but stripped out on the gerotor gear, thus not pushing any fuel. Is this probable?

Check and make sure nothing is clogged in the draw straw, my buddies was not working we took the draw straw out and there was a hunk of rubber from the gasket jamming it up.

I will try I just want to try to avoid dropping the tank as I don't have the time to do it right now. The Draw StrawI mounts in the OEM sending unit to eliminate 1/4 tank issues so it's hard to access.

Tonight I loosened both filters and tried pump running with key 'on' and cranking and no fuel out of either cracked filters. This leads me to believe there is a issue with the suction line from tank to pump, or like stated above the pump is spinning but the gerotor is not.

I will try I just want to try to avoid dropping the tank as I don't have the time to do it right now. The Draw StrawI mounts in the OEM sending unit to eliminate 1/4 tank issues so it's hard to access.

Tonight I loosened both filters and tried pump running with key 'on' and cranking and no fuel out of either cracked filters. This leads me to believe there is a issue with the suction line from tank to pump, or like stated above the pump is spinning but the gerotor is not.

Had a similar issue and it turned out the pump was junk. Then airdog sent me an airdog 2 motor for my airdog 150. :nail: After 2-3 weeks of waiting i got the right one. Also was told by airdog a few pumps went out with bad seals. Next time im going fass. I say pull your draw straw and stick it in a 5 gallon bucket and see if your pump is working properly.

Well, looks like a suction issue with the pump. I spoke to Kyle Engel from Pureflow and he said to remove the water seperator and with the pump running it should suck my finger up to the nipple that the filter threads onto. It didn't.

Back