AirDog

TimRamit

My airdog (with less than 150miles on it) started blowing the in line fuse, i put one in it to get it home and it lasted that day,and then i put another one in and crawled under the truck and felt the pump the motor was cool but where the motor goes onto the pump unit it was very hot, i got out from under there and that fuse blowed now i put another fuse in it and it won't come on at all. Tell me i dont have a junk pump!!! i just stuck it on and don't have the old lift pump.:bang

TimRamit said:
My airdog (with less than 150miles on it) started blowing the in line fuse, i put one in it to get it home and it lasted that day,and then i put another one in and crawled under the truck and felt the pump the motor was cool but where the motor goes onto the pump unit it was very hot, i got out from under there and that fuse blowed now i put another fuse in it and it won't come on at all. Tell me i dont have a junk pump!!! i just stuck it on and don't have the old lift pump.:bang

Ya get what you pay for. They should have a warranty though I would think. Did you verify your ground is good and you have it wired correctly?

Yes forgot to say wireing was the first thing i checked, it got a 6 year warranty, but thats alot of siting time for my truck.

I thought those things were the best... Keep us posted on what happened. I sell another brand (the copy cat brand) so I don't know much about them, but sounds to me like th pump might be locked up.... But then again the motor should be warm from working hard.... so it's probley not that.

I'd check the ground and voltage first.

Get ahold of smokincummins. Hknows the Airdogs really well. Wait, I forgot, he used to work for them, that might be why he knows them so well.:doh:

JacktheBear3 said:
I thought those things were the best... Keep us posted on what happened. I sell another brand (the copy cat brand) so I don't know much about them, but sounds to me like th pump might be locked up.... But then again the motor should be warm from working hard.... so it's probley not that.

Just a little, update called tech support after about a 10 minute trouble shot, he(Toby) told me it must be a bad motor AND HE WAS SENDING A NEW ONE OUT TONITE! I know S**t happens but how bout that for service.:clap:

JacktheBear3 said:

Got my new AirDog today :clap:

Back