alh injection quantity questions

To start, I know dropping the adaptation number will raise the mg/str number, and will lower fuel. I just don't know how much. Since the car doesn't actually start yet, I don't know how much to adjust it. I know stock adaptation number is 32768, and stock mg/str should be 3-5 at operating temp.. We've tried everything from 15000 to 32760, in both blocks 1 and 5 on vcds. Managed to cut the smoke down, but also raised the mg/str as high as 48 lol. Definitely not right.

Question. Those of you running big pump and/or big injectors, what are your injection quantity numbers set at? Maybe I was adjusting way too much thinking the adaptation number to fuel amount relationship was linear?

These are the current settings. With these, it will try to start, but won't without ether. Once started, it idles for about 4 seconds, and then stalls. Smokes black. Fills the garage with smoke.

a70e2a89a75384e1754e44d5a7cd73e2.jpg

53fcb912f8ae217a67162bc240d38488.jpg

Last edited:
Mines at 4.2 with a 11mm pump with PP764s... There's only so far you can go with the adaptation number that it actually does anything.

Last edited:
I think you need to adjust the top plate on your pump. Check the injector swap threads on tdiclub

Mines at 4.2 with a 11mm pump with PP764s... There's only so far you can go with the adaptation number that it actually does anything.

Forgot about this thread. Got it running. Had to swap back to stock nozzles, and drop the adaptation about 200. You can go pretty far with the adaptation, you just have to remember to adjust mechanically when you reach a limit.

ya when i did PP764 on my black AHU I had to mechanically move plate to get it in happy spot. the white AHU with 100k less miles was spot on mechanically with the pp764. need to move up to a 11mm pump i have sitting around and some race 520s

Back