All High HP 04.5 and up CR's

Nospark04

The Slow One!
Are you guys Swapping pistons, Injectors, and ECM's To the 03-04 setups to get rid of the 3rd injection event? Or are you just running the 04.5 setups? Wanting to build my motor up soon and Doing my research now.

What are your goals ? 800-900 on #2 and upwords of 1300hp on N2o have been done on your engine as is....

8-900 and up on #2 is my goal when I build it. Also how n[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']ecessary[/font] are billet rods or are 12v rods good enough. I know NO built high horsepower truck is bullet proof but I want to do this one the right way so it will stay together.

Last edited:
i have always heard you need to go to at least a 24valve rod if not billet and have them shot peened and heat treated

not for sure. i think the 12 and 24 are the same but i am not for sure on that. either way i would think they would be a better choice than the cr rod if you cant afford to go billet

I run 03/04 style pistons and injectors with my 04.5 ecm. There are some hard-wiring issues with the 03'program in an 04.5 and up truck (coolant temp circuit, and throttle position sensor). There have been a few reputable sources find that the 3rd event isn't active under most performance situations anyway.
12v, 24v, and some early cr rods are forged. The later common rail engines use a cracked cap design which people associate with powdered metal. I have seen information from cummins listing the cracked cap rods as forged as well.

my motor just got built up and scheid told empire to put 12v rods in it so it now has 12v shot peened rods
my truck should also be in the 800-900 range once we get the tuning figured out

I think all CR's had fracture split rods.
I think all 12 and 24 valve rods are the same. I would definately look in to a set for the power level that you want to be at.

YES! I changed all my chit!!

Several times in fact!!! lol

Still have 05 ecm but Mahle Monotherms to make dang sure there will be NO melting... If you have the cash, PM me for their contact info...

Last edited:
and dont let david touch it!!!

lol j/k

no really stay away from him

06 has all orig. ecu 829 #2 958 on nitrous

stock rods/pistons

What did you coat your pistons with?

YES! I changed all my chit!!

Several times in fact!!! lol

Still have 05 ecm but Mahle Monotherms to make dang sure there will be NO melting... If you have the cash, PM me for their contact info...

yea I have read up a little bit on the Monotherms. How do the Arias pistons hold up. My truck will be sitting for a while I lost and injector a month or so ago, fixed the injector but now I am losing oil.:bang So I have some time to save up for a stout bottom end.

That looks interesting I am going to do some more reading and research on the proccess.

If pocket book is good to go build the Chit out of it.

Thats my plan hopefully! haha

Back