allison 2000 transmission/Whats the best tranny for pulling

cumminsforlife

Has anyone had any experience with this tranny. Can you make big power with it. Is it even worth messing with building. Its going to be going in a 2.6 pulling truck, just not sure if i want to run nv4500 or automatic.

i have 2 trucks this is just for the puller 5x25 maxed 12mm pump cam pistons hopefully around 1000hp or a lil more i talked to a ton of diesel shops( pure diesel power, harts, haisley machine) they all say i should be able to do 1100hp the only factor that says i cant do those numbers would be the charger. Just wodering if a auto or manual would be better with the nv4500 you have one gear and hope you dont plain off but with an auto you can shift possibly 3 times for alot more wheel speed

i have 2 trucks this is just for the puller 5x25 maxed 12mm pump cam pistons hopefully around 1000hp or a lil more i talked to a ton of diesel shops( pure diesel power, harts, haisley machine) they all say i should be able to do 1100hp the only factor that says i cant do those numbers would be the charger. Just wodering if a auto or manual would be better with the nv4500 you have one gear and hope you dont plain off but with an auto you can shift possibly 3 times for alot more wheel speed

Sounds like you need to do some more research with setting the truck up. You won't gain wheel speed with an auto vs manual. Final drive will still be the same.

from phone

Sounds like you need to do some more research with setting the truck up. You won't gain wheel speed with an auto vs manual. Final drive will still be the same.

from phone

Iv done plenty of searching and the truck will be set up just fine. Theres advantages and disadvantages to running a manual or auto i want to know what they are, dont state the obvious with an auto u dont have to shift and a manual you do.

Have to love those douche bags (you) that comment stupid/useless sh*t.

It makes life a hell of a lot easier for those of us who might try to help. About 3 times I read your post earlier today and I could not make sense of it.

Hell, my 11 month old can ask a better technical question with less words and more babble.

An Allison 2k will not hold any more power than the 1k versions. The clutch packs are identical. Close ratio verse wide ratio planetarys being the difference.

How about u use the search function and not belittle the locals and we will see if u can stay...

Have to love those douche bags (you) that comment stupid/useless sh*t.

Please fill this out and then file it with the correct paper shredder.

post-96-13405663344_thumb.jpg

Iv done plenty of searching and the truck will be set up just fine. Theres advantages and disadvantages to running a manual or auto i want to know what they are, dont state the obvious with an auto u dont have to shift and a manual you do.

the disadvantages are if ur pulling, lighting a big charger and burning the torque converter up trying to light it were with a 5/6 speed and a tripple/double disk u can light it an come off the clutch...

To be clear, someone wants to install an Allison in something with power and have it last?

If you run a manual I sure hope you don't plan to shift going down the track while running a big charger and high rpm. I guess I would look at what the rest of the guys in your class run. I can't think of any real 2.6 cummins powered trucks off the top of my head that still run an automatic. Even the duramax guys are leaning more towards manuals now.

Back