Altered

Nice launch "Bone Crusher"..:rockwoot:

Didn't need any sound with the video anyway... I just made a Potato, Potato, Potato, sound untill you left and then switched to a BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA sound for about 5.5 seconds... It sounded freegin awesome! :hehe:

Nice launch "Bone Crusher"..:rockwoot:

Didn't need any sound with the video anyway... I just made a Potato, Potato, Potato, sound untill you left and then switched to a BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA sound for about 5.5 seconds... It sounded freegin awesome! :hehe:

You owe me a keyboard LOL

looks way better than it did in april... its in the same lane the whole way down the track. keep it going!!

Thanks

looks way better than it did in april... its in the same lane the whole way down the track. keep it going!!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Ya it's a totally diff. car than from back in April, I dont think Ive crossed the center stripe since its had both front and rear wings on the car and tuned. Funny how they were as important as power in 'this' car. Now that the car's stuck down Im feeling more and more comfortable turning up the power.
Ryan

Man I love that ride! What size slicks are you running?

Thanks.

Fuel car Hossiers. 36/17.5/16
116" rollout at 5.25#
118" at 6.5#

Remember I have no overdrive it helps my final drive a ton.
Imagine taking away your O.D. and trying to get through the 1/4 traps with good e.t. and decant mph.....takes a damn tall gear/tire combo and a even better fluid coupling non L/U convertor to make it work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzL_uQYApwI

Man Altereds are as fun to watch as they are to drive..... nearly. Thier nearly impredicable and always have a mind of thier own, but what a rush each pass! Ryan

Damn, I don't care for 1/8 mile racing but not sure I'd want to try and hang on to one of those for a full 1/4 mile. That is a rush!!

Ryan what was your 60' in the pass you made, doesn't look like it's too hard to spool your altered? Do you have some sort of trans brake or do you just foot or hand brake it? Any chance you'll be in Topeka in September? I love to see Buck and Jess get the altered they bought, powered up and on the track.

Damn, I don't care for 1/8 mile racing but not sure I'd want to try and hang on to one of those for a full 1/4 mile. That is a rush!!

Ryan what was your 60' in the pass you made, doesn't look like it's too hard to spool your altered? Do you have some sort of trans brake or do you just foot or hand brake it? Any chance you'll be in Topeka in September? I love to see Buck and Jess get the altered they bought, powered up and on the track.

Thanks. Ya Ive got her to where the spools not so bad, keep in mind I only run a 71mm charger though; Im right at the edge now of running out of good air for sure. 60's as of now have been in the 1.16-1.19 range and running 5.40's very consistant. I think it's in the 8.20 range if I held it for the whole 1/4 but have not yet, thats where she really walks around is on that end... Ive seen 6.90's to the 1000' a few times which also shows very low 8's. I run off a brake in low gear some times and off the foot brake in 2nd gear some times, it runs about the same, but lots easier only having to make that 1 shift from 2nd to high. Trying to grab 2nd at ~ .8/.9 [before the 60'] out is tough, any longer than that and she's on the governer. Yes I plan to be at Topeka. I'd love to see more of these built and out there; thier a blast to drive for sure. Mine will come up for sale this year around mid Oct.:poke: No price set yet, but certainly would be interested in looking at all offers. It will be the whole operation in one lump sum, "loaded" 24' enclosed trailer right down to charger, lap top, and everything that goes with me each time out. Im not moving over to another project this time Im retiring, for my 3rd neck surgury and do not plan to ever get behind the wheel again, this was my 18th year at it.

Ryan Tucker

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpH-vGMwwpU

Opps, forgot and left the wheelie bar in the top hole for unloading the car! Never forgot and done that, there's no telling what the car would do w/o one at all or if a bolt sheared.... which was higher though the fronts or rears Lol. Glad it was a motor pass only right off the trailer, it would have been way worse on the hose, it unloaded the rears as it was but stayed straight thank goodness. Ryan

I really like watching the old alterds......hell making it to the stripe was a good pass! LOL

Would like to see you cut a 7.99 before it sells though

I really like watching the old alterds......hell making it to the stripe was a good pass! LOL

Would like to see you cut a 7.99 before it sells though

Thanks man, I feel it has a 4.99 and a 7.99 in it. It prob. wont show it's face tell Sept. though, I dont care to hurt the motor around here running these silly slow gassers:evil
Ryan

Back