Aluminum Ramp construction for gooseneck trailer

deerefanatic

Always learnin...
Just got my 40' deckover home. I need to build a set of ramps for it. I do occasionally trailer my 12,000lb tractor to tractor pulls, so the ramps need to be strong. (Tractor is 2500lbs front, 9500lbs rear) I want to go aluminum due to the length and weight..

Ramps need to be 10' long in order to keep the approach angle sensible. I plan to have a center support to help keep the ramps up in the middle. My plan is to use 6"x2" tubular stock, 1/8" wall. Use 3 of these side by side for each ramp. then run 1/2" square solid stock across the top of these tubes every 4" for the "rungs" for spreading the weight out as well as traction.

What do you guys think? Will this be strong enough for my desired outcome? Looking for advice here.... a $2500 set of pre-fabricated ramps is out of the question... Otherwise, I'll have to go steel.

Currently waiting on a call back from the steel supplier on price for the aluminum... :gulp:

Discountramps.com I got a nice aluminum set for 550 shipped for my puller there 10' long and 45lbs piece. They have a large selection including ones for drop decks.

Back