Am I Asking too Much?

I don't think you are. Problem is finding the right person who is looking for that deal.

That's what I was thinking/hoping, just frustrating not having any intrest in 3 months.

Seems like a great deal to the right person. Agreed. Split it up. Most people can't afford to drop $5k cash.

Not to be a wet blanket, but 2 things stand out.

Most people won't wire up a 24 valve, it's beyond them to figure it out and the VP has gotten a bad rap for no other reason than the designers didn't fully test it and fix design problems before putting it into production.

The other thing is, especially since it's a 1998, if it's a '53' block people literally RUN away from those engines.

Your deal is fine, the selling venue of choice is, shall we say, playing to a "typically cheap" audience.
I've never sold high-priced items on Craigslist, because I make them call me, which takes away the "I can jerk you around" factor.

Mark.

It's a great deal to the right person as a package. I think I'd try splitting it up. If it were a CR engine I think you could get another 2K out of it than you're asking. I think the VP is what's hurting it for conversion guys, and the other parts with it would hurt it for guys that just need a VP engine.

Back