Amsoil bypass filter 06 dodge

poorboycummins

Anyone running an amsoil bypass oil filter kit on there 06 dodge? If so wondering the benefits and is it worth it or not? A friend of mine has one and needing to move it cheap and offered it to me?

Anyone running an amsoil bypass oil filter kit on there 06 dodge? If so wondering the benefits and is it worth it or not? A friend of mine has one and needing to move it cheap and offered it to me?

The benefits are it filter's all the harmful contaminants out of your engine oil by filtering down to 1 micron, which greatly extends the life of your oil. It will also extend the life of your engine by keeping contaminants out of it.

Is it worth it, most definately....but not if you are not going to go along with the extended oil drain intervals it was designed for.

Run a good bypass filter, there are a few to pick from. Get you a good low micron rating primary filter and your engine will reward you with long life and fewer oil changes!

Don't have one on a cr but on my 01 dodge. My oil samples have hardly anything for wear. Took a few changes but it help a good bit. I put it on around 180,000 it has 215,000 on it now. Iron, alum, chromium everything is little to none on the last two samples.
They're bypass kit is simple and easy. If you like fabbing and wielding you can make a bracket off your battery hold down easy. Put it on if you got it cheap.

Back