Another Cummins Project

D_G_R_E_E_N

Bought my 1997 cummins late last year to make into my ideal truck and been working sense. Here is my progress so far
globalpictures439.jpg
globalpictures438.jpg

This ia at the truck stop on my 6 hour drive home

Dually?

Figured i y not make it a dually so swapped gears and axle from 4:10 to 3:55 traded another member for a dually bed. put in my goose neck plate and ball Bought some aftermarket dually wheels and eagle alloys 16X10 up front with some way to aggressive tires to get through the ohio winter. Got my 2" leveling kit and Bilstein shocks installed last weekend.
1122001625a.jpg
SU1HLTIwMTEwNDIzLTAwMDgxLmpwZw.jpg

roll on

Not totaly sold on this idea yet but got a good deal on a nice fiberglass roll pan so put it on. bought some sport taillights. The color blue pictured is the color im going with for paint. Bought sport grill and sport front bumper also got 2 diffrent doors 2 diffrent fenders and a hood all ready for paint. Truck goes in may 2nd to local body shop to be painted.
SU1HLTIwMTEwNDE3LTAwMDc1LmpwZw.jpg
SU1HLTIwMTEwNDE3LTAwMDc5LmpwZw.jpg

Looking good, really like that color! How many miles on it? Auto or Manual?

Last edited:
Never seen someone do a dually conversion, does a dually front axle have to be swapped in also? Nice truck.

The dually front axle does not need to be swapped in, the 1994+ trucks have hub spacers that bolt on to the existing hub/rotor, the 1993 earlier trucks need the single wheel hubs swapped for dual wheel hubs.

Terraizer is correct u can just add the spacers up front and use dually wheels. This is the 3rd dually conversion ive been part of in the last year. I didnt use spacers insted put 16x10 american racing wheels on front to have a diffrent look.

Thanks all should be back tomorrow or friday. Ill post pix soon. Ordered my new tires today cooper AT3 285 75 16

Well paint is done

Still need mirrors and inside cleaned up and put together but paint turned out great.

IMG-20110617-00005.jpg

IMG-20110617-00004.jpg

IMG-20110617-00006.jpg

Last edited:
Back